CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
  • Informative
Reactions: cytor and JP4CY

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I don't think the Hawks can make much of an argument to be ranked higher. I do believe Louisiana-Lafayette and Coastal could make a legitimate claim
You went from making fun of us about losing to Louisiana to saying should be ranked higher lol

• Haha
Reactions: JP4CY

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
You got your ass handed to you by then SunBelt. They are the ones that should be pissed. They should be ahead of you and everyone else from the BIG 12.
The problem with you trying to troll is you really suck at it. At least other Hawk fans are fun and good at trolling. You are like the kid back in grade school trying desperately to get the yo-yo to come back up one time, meanwhile everyone else is "walking the dog" with that yo-yo. But you tried, so good for you.

Reactions: JP4CY and Brandon

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
We are all missing the real point. The team that should be outraged is Liberty. For how much whining Coastal did during the season, I don't seem to hear much about them being irate over Liberty being 3 spots below them despite winning the bowl game against them, each finishing with 1 loss. Where's the justice man!?!?!?!

And wait, how is USC ranked whole Oregon is not ranked at all? The Ducks beat the crap out of them in the Pac-12 title game, which was the second to last game of the season. So not like it was an early game. Oregon was clearly the better team. See how stupid this is to go strictly off of the loss column?

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
We are all missing the real point. The team that should be outraged is Liberty. For how much whining Coastal did during the season, I don't seem to hear much about them being irate over Liberty being 3 spots below them despite winning the bowl game against them, each finishing with 1 loss. Where's the justice man!?!?!?!

I think this proves that we should all take the polls this year with a huge grain of salt.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
I think this proves that we should all take the polls this year with a huge grain of salt.
Ding ding ding, but this is the answer every year. People just cannot grasp the fact that teams have good days and bad days. Teams with more losses can absolutely be better than teams with less losses. The one thing I think the CFP Committee does right is truly evaluate (for the most part) who they see/think is the best top-25 teams in order. They look at everything, and it's why a team like ISU, OU or Cincinnati were ranked where they were. They understand how sports work and judge a team each week. At the end of the year, Iowa State was a better team than Louisiana. Same thing when Iowa lost to ISU in '02. At the end of the year, Iowa was clearly the better team and anyone trying to claim ISU was better because the Clones won in Iowa City months earlier should have been laughed at.

Reactions: coolmooinlou

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Ding ding ding, but this is the answer every year. People just cannot grasp the fact that teams have good days and bad days. Teams with more losses can absolutely be better than teams with less losses. The one thing I think the CFP Committee does right is truly evaluate (for the most part) who they see/think is the best top-25 teams in order. They look at everything, and it's why a team like ISU, OU or Cincinnati were ranked where they were. They understand how sports work and judge a team each week. At the end of the year, Iowa State was a better team than Louisiana. Same thing when Iowa lost to ISU in '02. At the end of the year, Iowa was clearly the better team and anyone trying to claim ISU was better because the Clones won in Iowa City months earlier should have been laughed at.

I agree with everything you said, except for the part about the CFP ranking the best 25 teams in order. I think they spend 95% of their time deciding the top four to six teams and then 5% of their time filling in the rest. They really only care about the CFP.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I agree with everything you said, except for the part about the CFP ranking the best 25 teams in order. I think they spend 95% of their time deciding the top four to six teams and then 5% of their time filling in the rest. They really only care about the CFP.
I don't think this is true at all. In earlier weeks they very much care who the top 10 are because they all generally have a path to the playoff. By the end they know that they need to rank those other teams as best they can because those rankings will be used to place teams in the NY6 bowls.

Reactions: jctisu

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Crazy we played 5 games against teams that ended up in the top 20 and that doesn't even include the pac 12 champs. Us and Bama were the only teams to beat two p5 conference champions. Really puts into perspective how great a season this was. It's fun playing such a competitive schedule but sometimes you have to envy the big 10 teams, it would be nice to be able to skate through the regular season.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
I don't think this is true at all. In earlier weeks they very much care who the top 10 are because they all generally have a path to the playoff. By the end they know that they need to rank those other teams as best they can because those rankings will be used to place teams in the NY6 bowls.

I actually don't think there was much wrong with the BCS formula and kind of wish they would go back to that.

Help Support Us

Become a patron