Status
Not open for further replies.

CtownCyclone

I got one more silver dollar
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
Gonna be brutally honest here. That's an ad. We get paid to have that on there. Stuff like that is how we stay free. I made the choice to go with the Iowa State video player over the other one we used to have. We need that revenue and I figured you'd all rather see Iowa State stuff on the site than Baylor or some other Big 12 school.

I understand that ads are required to keep the site free and I definitely appreciate that it's an ISU one instead of something telling me to click the banner because I won a prize. My gripe is that it autoplays itself. Since the Cyclones.com site is all about autoplaying, I'm wagering you can't really do anything about it short of going with a different advertiser.

I'll email Jamie and tell him to stop with the autoplaying videos!

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
I have put in a fix for the signature wasted space issue, please report back on if it looks better.

Reactions: JMCato

SvrWxCy

Aug 6, 2010
Kansas
www.recruitlists.com
Looks like if you go under the 'New Posts' section you have a problem with the padding or height of each thread div; it is cutting off some of the text under which forum the thread is posted in.

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
how do you block the political posts again? they show up in the "new posts."

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
This falls into the 'very minor bugs' category, but i figured i'd help out where possible.

ToHZv.png

The like and unlike (where a post has already been liked) seems like it should be moved down near the box showing who all has liked the post.

HiltonMagic

Apr 12, 2006
CA
Visit site
This falls into the 'very minor bugs' category, but i figured i'd help out where possible.

ToHZv.png

The like and unlike (where a post has already been liked) seems like it should be moved down near the box showing who all has liked the post.

I'm guessing it has something to do with signatures.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I'm guessing its something with the behavior of the box that lists the likes that causes it. That or whatever pins the 'like' to the bottom right of the post doesn't do that when there is a box showing 'likes'

HiltonMagic

Apr 12, 2006
CA
Visit site
Um, it seems the betting site has no way to post bets. Is there a betting feature of some sort coming back to replace credits?

Um, it seems like you can't read. It's been mentioned more than a couple times that CyBookie will be back later. Not everything is functional at this time.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Um, it seems the betting site has no way to post bets. Is there a betting feature of some sort coming back to replace credits?

Cybookie is currently inactive as they work out some bugs getting it to work in the new site. It will be back.

kilroy

Jun 10, 2010
hills to flat lands
Um, it seems like you can't read. It's been mentioned more than a couple times that CyBookie will be back later. Not everything is functional at this time.

Ouch first scorn on new site, I will bow to thee, ohmmm ohmmmm.

Cybookie is currently inactive as they work out some bugs getting it to work in the new site. It will be back.

Thanks for the constant reminders to those of us that cant read.:cool:

ricochet

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2008
The little CF logo that shows up on the URL line is showing up as a black/blueish square root sign. Everything else seems to be making a good transition.

Is anybody else getting the vbulletin logo instead of the CF logo? I still get the vbulletin logo in the forums, but the CF logo everywhere else.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
I have updated the recent threads section at the top of the forum landing page to a more pleasing style.

michaelrr1

Mar 30, 2006
WDM
Visit site
Another "not really a bug" observation...

I like how the old forums main page would show who started a thread, along with who made the last post. Now it only shows who last posted. I don't know if it can even be changed, but thought I'd mention it.

TallKidIsTall

Mar 4, 2012
Fairfield
i know cw has bills to pay, but it seems like there are a lot of ads and other distractions on the screen

thats my first impression

Status
Not open for further replies.