Players leaving Nebraska Football

20eyes

May 15, 2020
I heard on the radio Farniock and McCaffery are leaving Nebraska along with a few other players. I know Farniock's brother Tom played here and McCaffery is a great athlete. Any chance we look at/land any of these?
What about the other one...weren't the two youngest Farnioks at UNL? Did the other one graduate?

becrisgreg

Apr 11, 2006
Omaha
I have to edit my post - McCaffrey was a four star recruit out of high school - as a QB. Lots of success at that position. I would think tons of schools are interested.

If by "tons" you mean only the schools who haven't watch any game film of him attempting a forward pass in an actual DI game then yes. The service academies aren't looking for transfers, so unless he is finally willing to switch to a slot receiver position, then he will have very limited to no DI opportunities.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
Well I'd say McCaffrey would be if they got him to move positions. Guy is a great athlete, just not a QB.

Probably right, but that offense was a disaster that just chewed through QB's. Give him someone who knows what they're doing and he might be decent back there.

• Agree
Reactions: Aclone

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
I'm still holding my red balloon.

I wonder if Scott Frost took any PPP loans for the athletic department? There are a lot of weird things that could happen with this stuff....but I still see some 5 year destination where Nebraska is in some new conference with Wyoming, Colorado State, North Dakota State and such with the intent of being the big bully with the gaudy regular season record again competing with Sun Belt teams for ******** rights.

Reactions: Acylum

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
I heard on the radio Farniock and McCaffery are leaving Nebraska along with a few other players. I know Farniock's brother Tom played here and McCaffery is a great athlete. Any chance we look at/land any of these?
The McCaffrey kid could be really good but not at QB. He was basically a punt returner playing QB last season. But as a WR/RB/Return he could be exceptional.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
The McCaffrey kid could be really good but not at QB. He was basically a punt returner playing QB last season. But as a WR/RB/Return he could be exceptional.

Yeah, if he was willing to play WR/PR, he would be an immediate starter at ISU. But I'm guessing he wants to stay at QB. He'll get a shot to play QB somewhere. Maybe a service academy or a G5 school.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you

Farniok sucks. You wouldn't want him.

• Informative
Reactions: aauummm

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
Both McCaffreys in Portal. Both highly saught after as HS Qbs. Both were at schools that didnt exactly have people standing in the way of them playing QB. Both asked to change positions and both decided to transfer instead. Its almost like their is an advisor, or PARENT dictating these moves....

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
One was at OU I remember. Not sure how many of them there are
Derek was at OU. He was the physically largest and highest rated prospect of the brothers it seems. In terms of ability I would say we actually had the best Farniok. Were Tom 2" taller he would have played on Sundays.

exCyDing

Nov 29, 2017
Wow, what a mess Frost at Nebraska is turning out to be. He probably has 1-2 years to get them turned around. Having key players leaving is not going to help with that.

McCaffrey could have helped the team, but not at QB.

• Winner
Reactions: CyBobby

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Wow, what a mess Frost at Nebraska is turning out to be. He probably has 1-2 years to get them turned around. Having key players leaving is not going to help with that.
Losing McCaffrey and Farniok wont break the team. Losing WanDale Robinson earlier in the transfer cycle was more devastating. Nebraska needs a better QB, period, or it just wont matter.