PJ Fleck front runner for Tennessee job?

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
Welp, I think this hire might mean that they'll be lurking around for Campbell again in a couple years, thinking that they can win a national title still and are still relevant

Reactions: Scott34

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN

So 14 years with only 16* conference losses. And the Big 12 is the one trick pony conference?

*And 4 of those conference losses came in his first season!

To pile on to this:

In that same time frame OU has 24 conference losses (not including conference championship games). 97-24
So it really is a two team conference? Well Texas had 49 losses (again not including CCGs) going 72-49.

I'm pretty sure 'Bama's numbers include their CCG since this is an average of 8.8 games per year and the SEC only plays 8 conference games a season.

• Informative
Reactions: aauummm

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
I just went and read that whole thread. It's pure comedy. It's almost Hawkeye like, Very Nebraska like. They think everyone see's them as this powerhouse team. THey got turned down by like 5 other coaches before they had to hire a coach that is turning Scott Frost's old team back into the crap house. THink about that. The team Scott Frost left, the new guy has made it worse, and Tennessee just hired him. Vols fan needs to know they are not in 1999 anymore. They want to think we look at them like Alabama and Florida. When in fact we look at them more like Texas Tech, South Carolina, and Purdue. They need to get into that mindset.

• Winner
Reactions: aauummm and Scott34

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
I like Alex but to imagine him as a SEC OC right now? That’s lofty.

I thought the same, but you know how head coaches are....they sometimes would take someone that knows them/their system vs what others think seems right (meaning, if he just promoted him he clearly has earned that)...and, who knows, maybe Golesh gets a shot at UCF?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron