PJ Fleck front runner for Tennessee job?

thisISnextyear

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Ames
I thought the same, but you know how head coaches are....they sometimes would take someone that knows them/their system vs what others think seems right (meaning, if he just promoted him he clearly has earned that)...and, who knows, maybe Golesh gets a shot at UCF?

I was wondering what would happen with Golesh after all this unfolds.
Josh is going to have to bring some heavy hitters in at UT due to the underwhelming response to his hiring and while Golesh could easily fit that role(and we have seen how keeping continuity from Toledo has worked for the staff here) I think he will need to limit the UCF ties as he assembles his staff.

Reactions: CapnCy

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
That kids coach didn’t hold back.

“The 6-foot-2, 225-pound senior didn’t sign during the early period but also didn’t waver on his commitment to the Vols following Pruitt’s firing last month...
Etheredge, however, said Taylor is well on track to quality and will be eligible.”

These two sentences lead me to believe that there may be a little more to the story.

• Agree
Reactions: JRE1975 and Die4Cy

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
“The 6-foot-2, 225-pound senior didn’t sign during the early period but also didn’t waver on his commitment to the Vols following Pruitt’s firing last month...
Etheredge, however, said Taylor is well on track to quality and will be eligible.”

These two sentences lead me to believe that there may be a little more to the story.

Yeah, it’s a weird situation. But still a bad look for a new staff.

Reactions: Pat

ScottyP

Special Teams Coordinator
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA

If this is the case, It might be best for him to go JUCO route. If he ends up qualifying out of high school, he could be highly sought after by playing 1 year of JUCO and having 3 years of D1 eligibility.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
I just saw Golesh made the move from UCF along with Heupel to Tennessee.
Is he going to be Tennessee’s OC? That’s awesome for him if that’s the case and further testament to Campbell’s coaching tree and why retaining staff is critical. Glad they were able to up ISU’s assistant salaries.

• Winner
Reactions: motorcy90

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron