Penn State vs Iowa Dual

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
Not really sure which thread this should go under, but I'll leave it here for now.

Think this is going to be a exciting dual that Iowa ends up dominating in the team score. Rumors are swirling that Eierman is going to go, which makes Iowa that much tougher to beat this year. I hate to say it, but they have an absolutely stacked lineup. Ranking the matchups for tonight from most excited to watch to least:

141 (assuming Eierman is in fact wrestling)
Hwt
157 (this goes up the list if Berge wrestles)
125 (Lee will tech his guy, but he is always fun to watch)
149 (both guys wrestle pretty boring styles. I see a 3-2 type match)

At the end of the day, I think Iowa wins pretty comfortably, like 24-12 or so, but the individual matches will be great previews for NCAAs

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Iowa will win pretty easily. They're just better than Penn State in a dual format. Carver will be nuts so it'll be fun to watch

• Agree
Reactions: CycoCyclone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Iowa will win pretty easily. They're just better than Penn State in a dual format. Carver will be nuts so it'll be fun to watch
Yeah, PSU has some holes in their lineup. They are a way better tourney team than dual team. Is CeJo wrestling? He was out for a few.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I absolutely loathe Iowa but their team is beyond loaded this year at ridiculous levels

• Agree
Reactions: stuclone

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
I absolutely loathe Iowa but their team is beyond loaded this year at ridiculous levels

They have 10 guys with legitimate shots at AA and really no one should be worse than R12. 1 almost sure fire champ, 5 more with realistic chances at making the finals, 2 that should AA at worst. They are going to runaway with it this year. Only good thing about this is Cael won't win this year

• Dislike
Reactions: isufbcurt

Ocy Docy

Oct 26, 2018
I'm ready for the match of the year.

Iowa has an amazingly strong team, but RBY, Lee, Joseph, Hall, Brooks, Rasheed and Nevills all have a decent to very good chance of winning.

Meredith, Verkleeren and Pipher will be decided underdogs, with Meredith giving up 5-6 points, so Penn State will need to win at least 6 of the other 7 weights to have a chance.

I just hope for some excellent matches from 2 teams I like to root against.

• Agree
Reactions: stuclone

DantheFan

Feb 10, 2010
I'm pretty sure Iowa will handle PSU pretty easily, but I'm hoping to see a couple/few upsets to keep things interesting. I love seeing anyone go into Carver and pull an upset in front of that crowd.

I'd say I'm most curious about 174. Kem is wicked good and can get to anyone's legs, but Hall is a beast and I have a feeling he will overpower Kem. Regardless, this one should be super fun.

The Brands' are crazy, but they know their stuff and have worked hard to put this team back on top. Good on them. I'll be very surprised if they don't take the title this year.

I wouldn't mind seeing Metcalf show a bit of his own Brands crazy and help pump up our program.

• Friendly
Reactions: isu81

DantheFan

Feb 10, 2010

Might be Eierman's best shot at getting a team title and possibly an individual title to qualify him for the Olympic trials. The last chance qualifier is going to be tough and next season he'll likely have Yianni to deal with. That said, Pletcher is looking like he'll be tough to beat this season.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
I assume that if Eierman is wrestling, that Brands don't think Murin's shoulder is going to hold up or didn't hold up.

I assume that Murin can't get a medical redshirt anymore with how many matches he has wrestled.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I assume that if Eierman is wrestling, that Brands don't think Murin's shoulder is going to hold up or didn't hold up.

I assume that Murin can't get a medical redshirt anymore with how many matches he has wrestled.

If Eierman is wrestling moving forward I'm changing my opinion and saying Iowa wins the team title

• Funny
Reactions: HawkJRP

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
They have 10 guys with legitimate shots at AA and really no one should be worse than R12. 1 almost sure fire champ, 5 more with realistic chances at making the finals, 2 that should AA at worst. They are going to runaway with it this year. Only good thing about this is Cael won't win this year

Disappointed that people are actually cheering for Iowa.

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
Disappointed that people are actually cheering for Iowa.
Nobody is cheering for them but facts are facts and they are the hands down favorite to win it all this year. I'm pulling for Spencer Lee because he's fun to watch and doesn't come across as a typical Iowa style douche but can't stand the program as a whole.

• Winner
Reactions: Sturge34

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
I’m not a wrestling fan or Iowa fan (obviously) but I am very much looking forward to watching this. Should be exciting!

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Nobody is cheering for them but facts are facts and they are the hands down favorite to win it all this year. I'm pulling for Spencer Lee because he's fun to watch and doesn't come across as a typical Iowa style douche but can't stand the program as a whole.

the one I posted was cheering for Iowa over Cael

HawkJRP

Dec 27, 2019
If Eierman is wrestling moving forward I'm changing my opinion and saying Iowa wins the team title

This doesnt add up. You thought there was about a 60 point gap between PSU and Iowa. One wrestler cant even come close to scoring that many team points at Nationals.

No, my guess is Penn State will score about the same, same with Iowa and ISU will improve.

• Winner

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
This doesnt add up. You thought there was about a 60 point gap between PSU and Iowa. One wrestler cant even come close to scoring that many team points at Nationals.

I said that before Assad pulled his shirt and Penn State got their injuries

• Funny

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron