Pat Forde says B1G unsure about fall football

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
This is a joke.. P5’s can test daily... What do they think playing fball is gonna create a higher infection rate amongst players than not playing? Got news for em.. it won’t.

players and staff are safer now in their pseudo bubbles.. cancel everything and they will be less safe.

aside from that.. Mortality rate is similar to Flu for 18-22 year olds.. Secondarily there are some scientists and geneticists recently who have claimed Covid has and is mutating to be more infective but less severe...like 99/% of viruses.

Agree completely but this is about liability and public image. Not practicality

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
This shouldn't be a thread where I feel like I have to show ignored content because it escalated but here we are I guess.

Anyway, I still think football gets started. I am concerned what happens when large schools general student population starts to get a lot of positives in.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
This is a joke.. P5’s can test daily... What do they think playing fball is gonna create a higher infection rate amongst players than not playing? Got news for em.. it won’t.

players and staff are safer now in their pseudo bubbles.. cancel everything and they will be less safe.

aside from that.. Mortality rate is similar to Flu for 18-22 year olds.. Secondarily there are some scientists and geneticists recently who have claimed Covid has and is mutating to be more infective but less severe...like 99/% of viruses.[/QUOTE]

Can you cite this please?

One Dr. from Italy said this about two months ago but it was baseless.

CNECloneFan

Dec 1, 2012
This shouldn't be a thread where I feel like I have to show ignored content because it escalated but here we are I guess.

Anyway, I still think football gets started. I am concerned what happens when large schools general student population starts to get a lot of positives in.
I'm thinking that even if they start the season, it will end up being like MLB so far...

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Mmmm...

Iowa, Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin, PA, MI all went for Red in 16? That is half of the Big 10 schools covered and Im probably missing someone.

I would say those are purple states (maybe not Indiana). Alabama and Texas are "red" states.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I've been saying for months that there won't be college football.

At best, they give it a shot and it lasts a game or two before the season gets cancelled, but I'm sticking with what I've been saying all summer.... there will be no college football this season.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton

aside from that.. Mortality rate is similar to Flu for 18-22 year olds.. Secondarily there are some scientists and geneticists recently who have claimed Covid has and is mutating to be more infective but less severe...like 99/% of viruses.

You realize that testing costs money right? And testing 120ish football players everyday is going to cost a lot of money.

Yes players are in bubbles now but once school starts that bubble pops and they are going to be intermingling among the other students on campus.

Reactions: cyfanatic

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014
Trump could win over a lot of voters by using his executive power to force a football season

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Well - MLB travels more frequently. The question will be, "How many teams can make it through the first few weeks of classes without an outbreak"?

Sounds like the MLB's issue is with players going out on the town...which would be similar to what college kids will do along with other in person issues.

CNECloneFan

Dec 1, 2012
Sounds like the MLB's issue is with players going out on the town...which would be similar to what college kids will do along with other in person issues.
Looking back at myself as an undergraduate student, Fall sports, let alone in person classes, don't stand a chance of making it to December.

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Mmmm...

Iowa, Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin, PA, MI all went for Red in 16? That is half of the Big 10 schools covered and Im probably missing someone.

At least half of the states in the B1G footprint are red.

Point taken...but the Governors are the ones making the decisions.

Minn- Blue 1 School
Wis - Blue 1 School
ILL - Blue 2 Schools
Mich - Blue 2 Schools
PA - Blue 1 School
NJ - Blue 1 School

That would 8 big ten schools, so over half.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron