Pat Forde on Kansas' hoops recruiting (FBI-related)

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
88aa5a9708fe10faa3529b8420fc07aa.jpg
Nah, I fall into the category of one who tries hard to not give an opinion of an event until I have more facts about it. I still dont have an opinion on what happened regarding the latest FBI/KU claim regarding DeSousa because I dont have much info on it at all.

I have an opinion on whether I think Self knew about it and it hasnt changed because I have not received any additional information. If that happens then my opinion may change.

• Funny
Reactions: CY88CE11

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Bilas defended UNC in the academic fraud case as well. He's a loathsome creature of Duke law school and ESPN.

"Jay Bilas says the NCAA is so determined to punish North Carolina that it’s breaking its own rules to do so.

"Bilas – a former Duke basketball player who now works with ESPN – said there’s never been a situation like the one at UNC, where university officials allegedly used fraudulent classes to keep players eligible. But Bilas thinks the NCAA has stepped out of line. 'They’re breaking their own rules to try to punish North Carolina because they don’t like this …'” Charlotte Observer
Thats not a defense of UNC. There is nothing in that statement at all that states that he approved of what UNC did. Its just an acknowledgement that the ncaa stepped all over themselves trying to punish UNC for taking advantage of a loophole in the rules. And that is true and ultimately why UNC received no real punishment.

Your critical reading skills have once again been defeated by your own bias when reading a statement. You read it how you wanted it to read, not how it actually was.

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
So basically no media, no players, no coaches, no shoe company employee, no agent and no ncaa exec can speak on the matter since they are all biased in your opinion.

My guess is that you only feel this way about those that do not support your view. If Bilas had roasted Kansas and Self then you'd probably trust his opinion just fine.

America in a nutshell these days. So transparent.

Didn't say they can't speak. Just saying they have a vested interest so I will be somewhat skeptical as I read it.

Off Topic. You made a point in an earlier post about the Blue Bloods always getting to eat first. If that is true, how did KU football make it an Orange Bowl? While its not always easy programs can rise and fall. Heck, Minnesota and Nebraska used to be considered Blue Bloods in Football. Now they are fighting for scraps.

• Funny
Reactions: randomfan44

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
More info from Forde on the Sousa/Adidias FBI investigation:

Kansas tacitly acknowledges being subpoenaed in ongoing federal basketball investigation:
https://sports.yahoo.com/kansas-tac...deral-basketball-investigation-142515144.html

"In response to a request for comment Monday, a University of Kansas spokesman referred Yahoo Sports to an earlier statement regarding the indictment that identifies Kansas as victim and expresses confidence that the school’s staff follows the rules.

The tacit confirmation that Kansas has been subpoenaed comes as little surprise, as the university’s ties to the sweeping federal basketball investigation have been amplified in recent months. Yahoo Sports reported on Friday that the University of Maryland received multiple subpoenas in the case, including one last month in which the feds sought information pertaining to current Kansas forward Silvio De Sousa. One of the subpoenas asked for “communications, regarding or relating to the recruitment, eligibility and/or amateur status of prospective student-athlete Silvio De Sousa.”

"The contract signed earlier this month by new Kansas athletic director Jeff Long shows that he’s protecting himself from potential fallout from the federal investigation. The agreement asserts that if the university has restrictions or probation in football, men’s basketball, women’s basketball or women’s volleyball pertaining to issues that arose before Long’s arrival, his contract – which is for $1.5 million per year – will be extended equal to the length of the penalties."

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
That Jeff Long contract tells you everything you need to know. Something is kicking around. KU may come out clean in the end, but someone is definitely sniffing around their program.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
That Jeff Long contract tells you everything you need to know. Something is kicking around. KU may come out clean in the end, but someone is definitely sniffing around their program.
If I am the Kansas lawn dart team, I'm getting nervous. They won't hit any real sports.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
"Oh, come on! I can state unequivocally that some of the possible allegations might be un-true in that Adidas could have done something that might not have been public knowledge of one of our staff that may or may not have contributed to the signing of a student athlete. We will, of course, non-comply with all alleged subpoenas and only sort of obstruct this witch hunt but we have a "Get out of jail free" card from the NCAA. Did I mention that Dr. Naismith used to coach here? I've explained myself now so GET OFF MY BACK and let's go back to giving us all the calls. And top players. Also, Svi didn't travel. Now I've got to decide the wording to be put on the 2018-2019 Big12 championship trophy because we're ordering them today."

5ab70a103f70e.image.jpg