OSU Game: Come on man (ISU Marketing)

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Were going to be huge underdogs so lets do stupid **** because we shouldn't be embarrassed.

Pretty much. We'll see an attendance push, but we wont be spending money on big gimmicks on what will probably be a lightly attended game. Especially if its rainy as the last forecast i saw had.

GoldenBear

Sep 8, 2011
Johnston
Pretty much. We'll see an attendance push, but we wont be spending money on big gimmicks on what will probably be a lightly attended game. Especially if its rainy as the last forecast i saw had.

It's ten days out! Thank God weather never changes

So, guess it's time to start scaring people away. Two weeks out. alarson, I read your posts. Always sensible. Not a time to dis-rally a fan base

IowaStateClones

Dec 7, 2009
Nice team spirit

It's a game. Games have fans. apparently you are not one

I'm not a fan if I think wearing a pair of tighty whities on my head for a football game is the stupidest thing I have ever heard?

Last edited:

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
These jerseys are just freaking awesome and need to make an appearance in 2011.

4ce8b6bcd7600.image.jpg

MissouriCyclone

Jul 24, 2011
Raleigh, North Carolina
We do need to worry about filling seats (and hillsides) first. It's going to be a cold night game so that's 1 bad mark. Next, it is the beginning of Thanksgiving break and most students will be dumb and go home instead of staying one extra night in Ames. For us to look good on TV and gain national exposure we need our stadium to look jam packed like the Iowa game. I want to read on AJ's Twitter that his helmet was rocking from the noise again.

I do like the promotion give away. It always seems to work to bring people in and get people excited for a game against a big dog. Hats, shirts, noise makers, I don't give a **** what it is. Whatever makes our guys excited and our fans loud as hell. It's going to be a cold, windy night in Ames and we saw what happens to the passing game when the winds whip around JTS.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
If you're like me and graduated from ISU, it's not the first time that your underwear was over your head.

And, yes, I pay for my tix's too. A lot.

All I am trying to accomplish is a "one night, all about ISU night". We have national TV exposure to the entire ESPN network. SO WHAT if we have a difficult time with OSU? Who gives a crap?

All through re-alignment we we worried about our appeal. Just thinking the OSU game would be a magical night to rally the fan base ande now we want to make excuses about not trying!

Sorry. hate to try to bring the forum into the positive needle catagory

I graduated from ISU, but my underwear never reached my head.

Just playin' here.

I think noisemakers would be great, and compensate for the cold.

BigSkyCy2

Bookie
Aug 9, 2006
These jerseys are just freaking awesome and need to make an appearance in 2011.

4ce8b6bcd7600.image.jpg

I would love to see these jerseys with the gold pants.

50,000 people x $5 per shirt = $250,000.

Recruit Pioneer, Bayer, Casey's, American Family, EMC, Sukup, and our other sponsors to split it. Promote the heck out of it. It can be done! I can line up a tshirt printer.

We just ordered 300 shirts for a game next week where I work and they were only $2.75 a shirt. Fairly confident it wouldn't cost them $5 per shirt to get 50,000.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
It's ten days out! Thank God weather never changes

So, guess it's time to start scaring people away. Two weeks out. alarson, I read your posts. Always sensible. Not a time to dis-rally a fan base

I'm just saying, since ive watched ISU football, EVERY game on thanksgiving weekend or the week before has had crappy attendance.

Not about trying to scare anyone, just stating the facts.

Also, we shouldnt be spending any money on any gimmicks. The one example above of like... $250k for something... would you rather have it spent on that one gimmick, or would you rather pay our coaches a little more? (We're getting CPR for a bargain)

istater7

Mar 31, 2010
One section gets cardinal thundersticks, the next one gets gold and so on. Easier than tshirts. It could be epic but we could probably find some way to f it up.

cymate

Oct 28, 2011
Ames, the labb
This game should need no advertisement. its the number two team in the nation. are fan base should be salivating over the fact that we have a chance to upset a serious national contender. it will be really sad to see if that place is empty next Friday night. if it is empty which wont surprise me it will all but confirm our fan base and why the athletic department has its woes.

We can barely get our students to turn out for games thats also a problem the athletic department should offer a deal for students to stay in ames for an extra night. make it 10 bucks for a student to get in.

MissouriCyclone

Jul 24, 2011
Raleigh, North Carolina
I'm just saying, since ive watched ISU football, EVERY game on thanksgiving weekend or the week before has had crappy attendance.

Also, we shouldnt be spending any money on any gimmicks. The one example above of like... $250k for something... would you rather have it spent on that one gimmick, or would you rather pay our coaches a little more? (We're getting CPR for a bargain)

I do agree if the AD is paying for it, we shouldn't spend on it. However if we can get some donations for something from some business it's not that big of a deal. Post their company's name on a t-shirt and people will wear it.

GoldenBear

Sep 8, 2011
Johnston

Agreed. Pay the coaches.

As earlier in the thread. We have sponsors. Lot's of them. All of them go at risk for an audience, every day. We have the potential to go bowling, where few of us thought possible. So, if you were Pioneer you say no?

I would put my name on it!

MissouriCyclone

Jul 24, 2011
Raleigh, North Carolina
This game should need no advertisement. its the number two team in the nation. are fan base should be salivating over the fact that we have a chance to upset a serious national contender. it will be really sad to see if that place is empty next Friday night. if it is empty which wont surprise me it will all but confirm our fan base and why the athletic department has its woes.

We can barely get our students to turn out for games thats also a problem the athletic department should offer a deal for students to stay in ames for an extra night. make it 10 bucks for a student to get in.

This would make no sense to people who have tickets and still don't want to go. Unless they want to give me $10 for going. :smile: