OSU Game: Come on man (ISU Marketing)

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
WHITE OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bring out the white helmets baby!!!!!!!!

Get a bunch of sponsers and get 50,000+ xl t-shirts in the stands. Fans can put the t-shirts on over their coats!!!!!!!!!

for the 100th time there are no white helmets.

GoldenBear

Sep 8, 2011
Johnston
WHITE OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bring out the white helmets baby!!!!!!!!

Get a bunch of sponsers and get 50,000+ xl t-shirts in the stands. Fans can put the t-shirts on over their coats!!!!!!!!!

Everyone has a white t-shirt, or underwear over the head, or something.

Something to make it fun.

We will be HUGE dogs in this game. Time to have some fun with it and quit worrying about being embarrassed. Might has well have fun with it.

If we do lose badly, do you think this will be the first team that OSU rolled someone up?

But, any "Given Sunday". (I know thw the game is Friday)

AlleyAddict

Jan 19, 2010
Ames
Scarfs. Cheap, easy to hand out (one size fits all), they're weather appropriate, and they look when you hold them up.

Last edited:

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
1. Cardinal jersey with cardinal pants, or gold jerseys.
2. Vuvuzela's for everyone!
3. Play sweet caroline at the end of every quarter to keep the crowd into it.
4. Is it legal to pay Jessica Alba to just walk around on the field? That will likely distract Okie State and probably even get the men loud.
5. LMFAO pre-game concert.
6. Unveil new Gigantojumbotron

tehlazercowboy

Nov 6, 2011
I am so damn tired of hearing about this stupid thing they do in Iowa city. I dont care if they made a tiger hawk come to life. its stupid and its a gimmick. they need to get real over there

What is stupid and gimmicky to you looks impressive and organized by many people across the nation.

To me being a sports fan, and more importantly a college sports fan, is not about being an individual. It is about being something bigger than just yourself and working together with thousands of people that you share a common bond with to create an atmosphere that you can be proud of. If the fan base is selfish and divided, how can you improve?

p.s. i hope my first post goes over well, lol.

Reactions: CycloneErik

GoldenBear

Sep 8, 2011
Johnston
What is stupid and gimmicky to you looks impressive and organized by many people across the nation.

To me being a sports fan, and more importantly a college sports fan, is not about being an individual. It is about being something bigger than just yourself and working together with thousands of people that you share a common bond with to create an atmosphere that you can be proud of. If the fan base is selfish and divided, how can you improve?

I agree.

Maybe we should try to get "real" over here

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Personally, I am a fan of the Thunder Sticks, however it is more of a basketball thing in my opinion where there are less students. Handing out thunder sticks at an Iowa State football game is just asking for students to get in fights.

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
I'd bet a lot of money on gold jerseys. Maybe hand out gold stocking caps with some corporate sponsor having their logo next to the I-State logo.

Something will be done, maybe another Pack the Jack campaign, but something will be done this week and next week.

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
They could give out little cardinal and gold castanets as noise makers. In the cold weather it's hard to make noise clapping, but 100k+ little sets of plastic bits slapping together would be hard to ignore.

cymate

Oct 28, 2011
Ames, the labb

i just think it is an easy way to gain national attention. there using horrible circumstances to boost there athletic program. its almost sick in a way.

GoldenBear

Sep 8, 2011
Johnston
i just think it is an easy way to gain national attention. there using horrible circumstances to boost there athletic program. its almost sick in a way.

Really, an I am an novice poster,

We really need national exposure. Any press is good press (unless your PSU)

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com

We will be HUGE dogs in this game. Time to have some fun with it and quit worrying about being embarrassed. Might has well have fun with it.

If we do lose badly, do you think this will be the first team that OSU rolled someone up?

I love your enthusiasm on this, but I'm going to pass on wearing underwear on my head. I paid for my underwear and my ticket, and I'm not playing along with that plan.

IowaStateClones

Dec 7, 2009

Were going to be huge underdogs so lets do stupid **** because we shouldn't be embarrassed.

GoldenBear

Sep 8, 2011
Johnston
I love your enthusiasm on this, but I'm going to pass on wearing underwear on my head. I paid for my underwear and my ticket, and I'm not playing along with that plan.

If you're like me and graduated from ISU, it's not the first time that your underwear was over your head.

And, yes, I pay for my tix's too. A lot.

All I am trying to accomplish is a "one night, all about ISU night". We have national TV exposure to the entire ESPN network. SO WHAT if we have a difficult time with OSU? Who gives a crap?

All through re-alignment we we worried about our appeal. Just thinking the OSU game would be a magical night to rally the fan base ande now we want to make excuses about not trying!

Sorry. hate to try to bring the forum into the positive needle catagory

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron