ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Fanatics -

Adam and I got together the other day and came up with the idea to throw organized game watches in central Iowa for Iowa State road games. It's pretty simple - for weeknight games, we'll be at the Keg Stand - located at 3530 Westown Parkway in West Des Moines. For weekend games, we'll be at BenchWarmers in Ankeny - located at 705 N. Ankeny Blvd. in Ankeny.

Here's the schedule and we hope to see you there!

Keg Stand
Wednesday, Jan 23 at 8:00 PM - Iowa State @ Texas Tech
Wednesday, Jan 30 at 7:00 PM – Iowa State @ Oklahoma State
Wednesday, Feb 13 at 7:00 PM - Iowa State @ Texas
Wednesday, Feb 20 at 8:00 PM - Iowa State @ Baylor

BenchWarmers

Saturday, Jan. 19 at 12:30 PM - Iowa State @ TCU
Saturday, Feb. 9 at 5:00 PM - Iowa State @ Kansas State
Saturday, March 2 at 12:30 PM - Iowa State @ Oklahoma
Saturday, March 9 at 12:30 PM - Iowa State @ West Virginia

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
I'll already be at The Keg Stand for a lot of them, I suppose I'll let you guys tag along.. Bring coozies!

CycloneDSM

Sep 30, 2012
DSM
Fanatics -

Adam and I got together the other day and came up with the idea to throw organized game watches in central Iowa for Iowa State road games. It's pretty simple - for weeknight games, we'll be at the Keg Stand - located at 3530 Westown Parkway in West Des Moines. For weekend games, we'll be at BenchWarmers in Ankeny - located at 705 N. Ankeny Blvd. in Ankeny.

Here's the schedule and we hope to see you there!

Keg Stand
Wednesday, Jan 23 at 8:00 PM - Iowa State @ Texas Tech
Wednesday, Jan 30 at 7:00 PM – Iowa State @ Oklahoma State
Wednesday, Feb 13 at 7:00 PM - Iowa State @ Texas
Wednesday, Feb 20 at 8:00 PM - Iowa State @ Baylor

BenchWarmers

Saturday, Jan. 19 at 12:30 PM - Iowa State @ TCU
Saturday, Feb. 9 at 5:00 PM - Iowa State @ Kansas State
Saturday, March 2 at 12:30 PM - Iowa State @ Oklahoma
Saturday, March 9 at 12:30 PM - Iowa State @ West Virginia

Chris, do you known that the DSM Cyclone Club has an event the same day?

Last edited:

Gordyo5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 3, 2007
Glenwood, Ia
Love the Keg Stand, and my father's brewery just got added there. Look for Keg Creek Brewing Company while in there.

Reactions: veryphil

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
You people must love the suburbs!

Maybe we'll show up. is there a wife room with shoe catalogs and whatnot? Is it weird if I show up alone?

Last edited:

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
So is this a "Official" organized game watch or just a run of the mill game watch?

Sure. They can be "official." My plan is to be at the majority of them. I have a funeral/family birthday party this Saturday so I won't be able to attend but Adam and I should be at the rest of them. We've worked it out with the bars, who will be expecting Cyclone fans so yeah, let's go with official!

cyclonepower

Oct 5, 2006
WDM
Sure. They can be "official." My plan is to be at the majority of them. I have a funeral/family birthday party this Saturday so I won't be able to attend but Adam and I should be at the rest of them. We've worked it out with the bars, who will be expecting Cyclone fans so yeah, let's go with official!

Birthday/Funeral, talk about highs and lows...

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
So is this a "Official" organized game watch or just a run of the mill game watch?

Hmmm....this is a good question...it does have the appropriate bracketing stars of an officially 'official' something or other, but it doesn't actually SAY official, and there's not near enough capitalization. This one's going to have to go to the booth for review.
Upon further review, the ruling on the field is confirmed, this is 'official' due to origination by CW, and follow up posting by adamjgray...it's officially official.