Optimistic Idiots

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Call me an optimistic idiot, but I'd rather ask out the intelligent, good looking, interesting women and occasionally get turned down, than only ask out the dull, bland wallflowers just because they'll say yes.

So what if I'm wrong? So what if I say that we could go 10-2 next season (and I'm not), and we don't? Why would that make me an idiot?

There isn't a single game on our schedule next year that isn't winnable. If we play up to our potential, and play flawlessly. Okay, tack on a little luck, too. But there still isn't a single game that isn't winnable. Does that mean that it'll happen? Probably not. But it isn't a sure thing until the game's been played.

candg4ever

Oct 29, 2006
Nevada, IA
I've been seeing a lot of threads recently from people predicting really, really good results from the football team this year. A recent poster predicted we'd beat Iowa and Oki State, another predicting we'd beat Nebraska and Missouri, among others.

Turn this around. Imagine that ISU is on a roll, coming off a winning season (say, 8-4), a bowl game participation, and everything is pretty steady otherwise (no major changes to the coaching staff, etc..). Now imagine there is this team coming off a combined 5 wins in 2 years, they have a totally new coaching staff, and fans of this team are predicting that they will BEAT us the next season. What would we say?

If optimism is a disease, I hope everybody catches it!!!!!:wink:

You're just sick and should sit and fester in your own bad karma!!:no:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron