Open letter to Coach GMac....

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Thank you for conducting yourself with such dignity and class during your tenure at ISU. Its obvious we never reached the level of success we would have liked, but it was painfully obvious nobody felt it harder than you or the players. Two things were constant over your tenure -the kids played hard for their school and their coaches, and the Cyclone Nation never had to lower our expectations on maintaining high ethical standards.

Congratulations on the contract stability and the opportunity to coach your son. Winning will come and go, but family is the true foundation.

Best of luck to you at CU and I'm confident you will have a legion of ISU fans eager for you to get back on track to your winning ways.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
P.S.-- Thanks for banking us approximately 3 million dollars. That will be your legacy at Iowa State.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
P.S. You will definitely get (and deserve) the game ball when Iowa State plays Creighton next year.

RoseClone

Oct 18, 2006
Thank you for conducting yourself with such dignity and class during your tenure at ISU. Its obvious we never reached the level of success we would have liked, but it was painfully obvious nobody felt it harder than you or the players. Two things were constant over your tenure -the kids played hard for their school and their coaches, and the Cyclone Nation never had to lower our expectations on maintaining high ethical standards.

Congratulations on the contract stability and the opportunity to coach your son. Winning will come and go, but family is the true foundation.

Best of luck to you at CU and I'm confident you will have a legion of ISU fans eager for you to get back on track to your winning ways.

Well said except the "the kids play hard" thing. I do not believe the kids played hard for him. I don't think they liked him.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
P. S. It was a venture. It was a ride. Good luck in Omaha. The last team did play competitive ball, they just could not quite get over the hump. Best of times.

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
Well said...I do believe Mac did everything possible to make ISU better. Mac just couldn’t piece it all together.

geburgess

Jan 19, 2010
WDM, IA
Well said...I do believe Mac did everything possible to make ISU better. Mac just couldn’t piece it all together.

Agreed. As much as I disliked his way of coaching and record during his tenure here at ISU, he didn't do anything to tarnish Iowa State other than a poor record.

Blandboy

Mar 31, 2006
Bettendorf
Appreciated his character. Contrary to what some are saying, I don't want to trade questional morals/ethics for Ws. No reason to sell out for an NCAA appearance. It is, after all, only a game.

Cyhart

Aug 15, 2009
Des Moines

Speak for yourself! :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron