Omaha Biliew is a McDonald's All-American

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Congratulations Omaha!!!
Omaha Biliew, PF, Waukee (Iowa.) High

Recruitment: Signed with Iowa State.

247Sports ranking: 14.

The skinny: Headed to play in nearby Ames, Biliew is one of the most athletic forwards in all of America. A key member of MoKan Elite’s Peach Jam winning squad during the summer, the 6-foot-8 forward is among the most versatile and dangerous defenders in the class and is the marquee member of a top 10 class headed to Ames next season.

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
giphy.gif

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Having to say goodbye to Kalscheur, Kunc, and the two Bonnies is a lot...

But next year... Lipsey makes the sophomore leap... have a healthy Williams back... bring back fifth-year seniors Grill at guard and King at the post... Watson keeps figuring it out... retain 1/2 of Ward and Jones, likely need a big transfer to replace Osunniyi and maybe one other guard transfer, some old man who wants to win at the P6 level... integrate in two of the highest-ranked freshmen in school history and two other good recruits...

There should be much to enjoy with that season.

Last edited:

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
we aren't ready for how good we're going to be

Next year we bring in Milan and Omaha, who are game changers, and Hamilton and Fish who are program builders (like Lipsey and Watson this year are)
Mix those talented freshman in with the experience of the 4 guys that will return with 3-5 years of CBB under their belts, the 2 talented sophomores in Watson and Lipsey, AND the likelihood of 1-2 high level transfers depending on roster turnover.

We're going to be very good next year.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
I’m pretty worried about the Xs and Os from TJ though. The inbounds pass plays don’t work 100% of the time which is very concerning.
I'm fully ready to freak out when Omaha doesn't tear it up as a Fr and goes pro. I have my "why are we trying to be Kentucky with these one and dones" and "it's so stupid that the NBA drafts these guys on potential alone" screeds all ready to roll.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I'm fully ready to freak out when Omaha doesn't tear it up as a Fr and goes pro. I have my "why are we trying to be Kentucky with these one and dones" and "it's so stupid that the NBA drafts these guys on potential alone" screeds all ready to roll.
I'm curious what expectations will be - in regards to "tear it up". I think he's a 10 point, 6 board, 2 block player as a freshman (on a loaded team)

Reactions: cyclones12321

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
we aren't ready for how good we're going to be
Tj has definitely increased the talent level but you have to also remember they are true freshman. We have been used to 4th and 5th year guys in the program so far who have a ton of experience but maybe weren't as highly rated.

The key will be to still get experienced transfers while keeping the core guys here for 3-4 years.