Okoro Gone?

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
This is big time college basketball, this is what you have to do to compete. No different from what Crean does, or what Calapri did forcing out Ryan Harrow. Fred realizes what needs to be done to compete in a major conference, it's very nice to see that.

This is not even close to what Crean does. This was very likely Fred telling Okoro what his future is here and if he didn't like it that it would be understood if he left.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Sorry, but the simple fact that WE DON'T KNOW makes it speculative.

CW - got any details on this?

Sorry, but just because a message board doesn't know, doesn't make it speculative. It makes it speculative for us, but we have no idea what info Goodman is working off. It may not be speculative for him.

Spam

May 21, 2008
With transfers, when there's some needless uncalled-for and wild speculative noise, it usually turns to be true.

Cydog04

Jan 18, 2011
Not that it means hes not leaving but I saw him playing intramural volleyball with Ejim and Bubu the other day. He makes Ejim look skinny!

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
First of all.....we know nothing. Apparently a lot of you believe that Jeff Goodman could not possibly be wrong......that even though the list numbers about 300.....he is absolutely perfect in everything he says, and everyone he put on the list.

If KO is leaving, wish him well, and thank him for choosing ISU and giving it his best effort. Then leave it at that.

All this speculation about if he is leaving, why he is leaving, or who made the choice, or was he forced out or nudged out is just ridiculous, particularly when absolutely no official announcement has been made, and even the player himself has not said anything on the social media.

I find it hard to believe, just from what I have seen of his actions, professionalism, and genuine concern that he seems to show towards his players that CFH would "force" anyone out of his program. Now, would he sit down with the player, and have a frank discussion about his future at ISU and what the player wanted, and what his best options might be? Yes.......I think he would do that.

But to portray CFH as just some other college basketball coach like a Calipari or a Crean is just stupid. He has shown to be a much different type of coach, imo, and those of you that can't see that just aren't looking very hard.

Just stop the speculation. Some of you remind me of a bunch of old ladies sitting around making a quilt and talking about all the people in the neighborhood, most of whom they don't even know.

Reactions: Cydkar and CYUL8R

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I didn't say he didn't have sources or that it is or is not true. Just didn't like him being included on this list with no confirmation.

Just because we don't have confirmation doesn't mean he doesn't.

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
He probably saw the writing on the wall as far as playing time goes. If they thaought he was going to be a player he probably would have redshirted. There will be a lot of people on here that assume because he was a 3 star prospect that he was going to be a 20 ppg scorer but thats normal. Good luck to the kid.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
He probably saw the writing on the wall as far as playing time goes. If they thaought he was going to be a player he probably would have redshirted. There will be a lot of people on here that assume because he was a 3 star prospect that he was going to be a 20 ppg scorer but thats normal. Good luck to the kid.

Or nobody thought that.

BigBake

Mar 17, 2006
U'dale

You know this for sure? Just because a FR didn't see time it's "well the writing is on the wall".

LutherBlue

Oct 19, 2006
If you feel compelled to talk out of your ***, go find a toilet, close the door, and sit down.

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
If the guy is leaving who cares what the reasons are, as long his class work was on schedule, good bye, good luck, thanks for giving ISU a look, and may you have success in whatever you do.

Some people get waaaaaaay to caught up in the granular things..

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
^^^^^ THIS. If you guys dont think these conversations go on behind closed doors....im not sure what to tell you but your intelligence level is not terribly high. It may not have....but to act like they DONT happen is ludicrous.

images

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
I never seen so many people get so worked up over something Jeff Goldblum said.:rolleyes:
Well I don’t really blame them. Take this doozie of a statement from Jurassic Park: "God help us, we're in the hands of engineers." Them’s fighting words for most ISU students/alumni!

ImperialCyclone

Sep 11, 2012
I'm really hoping Okoro stays. With everything he and his family has been through, I can understand if he wants to play closer to home (St. Johns/Rutgers maybe, Iona as well). I'll never forget that three he hit after his brother passed.