Okoro Gone?

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
so does 13 stand for a**?

Y'all are some sensitive mother ****ers on here, saying Okoro wanted to leave because he wants to be closer to home is speculating just as much, if not more, than saying Fred pushed him out. But it leaves you feeling better about the situation,so you run with that narrative.

benjay

Mar 23, 2006
Y'all are some sensitive mother ****ers on here, saying Okoro wanted to leave because he wants to be closer to home is speculating just as much, if not more, than saying Fred pushed him out. But it leaves you feeling better about the situation,so you run with that narrative.

it's less troll

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
Guys are being jerks to you for sure. But the simple fact is that by what you said, you are putting down the talent of a CURRENT player. That will rub people wrong every time. What MOST people are trying to point out to you, even if what you say is true, It didn't NEED to be said.

Kind of like McCarney, "choosing to leave". We all know what happened, it didn't need to be said.

D

DistrictCyclone

Best. Comment. Ever.

I unloaded my rep gun for that one. It takes a special breed of a** to come into a thread and make baseless theories about what goes on behind closed doors when a player transfers rather than just wishing him well.

Watching Okoro sink that 3 against TCU is one of my favorite memories in a season that produced many. A pretty good moment in Cyclone sports.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE

You don't get it. Density is hard to detect when judging yourself. People are calling you an *** because you pulled **** out of your *** with 0 information (Not even a confirmation at the time that he was even transfering). He could be leaving for any various reason. IMO, having lost multiple family members while away to college playing a game may have resinated with him to the point that being near the ones he has left, especially considering many of them may be having serious issues coping (Been there myself) might be more important to him than playing basketball.
To me, it's a no brainer to consider that before him getting shown the door by the coach, especially considering what went down in his personal life.
But don't worry, its a free country so be a **** all you want, just don't get pi$$y when people call a spade a spade.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
Neither was Okoro, according to some in this thread, but we took him.

I don't understand your point.

Kerwin was a solid recruit out of HS with offers to Pitt and Arizona in addition to us who appears to not have a future in the rotation and is likely transferring. Edwards was brought on campus a few weeks ago and the staff decided to pass on him after watching him compete against our current roster.

Fred isn't satisfied with having a decent roster, we are trying to be a powerhouse.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I unloaded my rep gun for that one. It takes a special breed of a** to come into a thread and make baseless theories about what goes on behind closed doors when a player transfers rather than just wishing him well.

Watching Okoro sink that 3 against TCU is one of my favorite memories in a season that produced many. A pretty good moment in Cyclone sports.

I agree with this except the word baseless. By all accounts Okoro is happy at ISU. ISU is chasing transfers with no open scholarships. Okoro was not redshirted despite not being ready to play. IMO, that alone is enough give that theory some traction. It is one of those things that just doesn't need to be said though.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
You don't get it. Density is hard to detect when judging yourself. People are calling you an *** because you pulled **** out of your *** with 0 information (Not even a confirmation at the time that he was even transfering). He could be leaving for any various reason. IMO, having lost multiple family members while away to college playing a game may have resinated with him to the point that being near the ones he has left, especially considering many of them may be having serious issues coping (Been there myself) might be more important to him than playing basketball.
To me, it's a no brainer to consider that before him getting shown the door by the coach, especially considering what went down in his personal life.
But don't worry, its a free country so be a **** all you want, just don't get pi$$y when people call a spade a spade.

Hmmm....

vortex

Jan 30, 2010
If in fact he does leave, if in fact he was "encouraged" to leave, this kind of thing happens everywhere including Iowa State. Right or wrong this is the reality of college athletics these days.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Cyjack does have a point. Some people on here are way too homerish and get offended by even the slightest bit of realistic opinions some people post on here. Since when does the truth have to get blotted out? Is their some sort of censorship about realism on this forum? I don't like that cyjack used "Fred's Choice" but what is wrong with speculation? That's what these boards are for.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
I find it hard to believe, just from what I have seen of his actions, professionalism, and genuine concern that he seems to show towards his players that CFH would "force" anyone out of his program. Now, would he sit down with the player, and have a frank discussion about his future at ISU and what the player wanted, and what his best options might be? Yes.......I think he would do that.

But to portray CFH as just some other college basketball coach like a Calipari or a Crean is just stupid. He has shown to be a much different type of coach, imo, and those of you that can't see that just aren't looking very hard.

Scholarships are only given one year at a time. And if you think that all of our coaches, including Hoiberg and Rhoads, don't "gently nudge" players out all the time then you are hopelessly naive. Whether that happened here or not I won't pretend to know. But it certainly happens every year in every sport.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Scholarships are only given one year at a time. And if you think that all of our coaches, including Hoiberg and Rhoads, don't "gently nudge" players out all the time then you are hopelessly naive. Whether that happened here or not I won't pretend to know. But it certainly happens every year in every sport.
^ this exactly. Why is it so hard for people to hear* this? It's all part of the game. Love it or hate it.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron