Okoro Gone?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

mb7299

Mar 15, 2013
Iowa Falls
I doubt we could find anyone that could say a single thing negative about Okoro that says a lot. We'll root for him where ever he goes. With that being said it was only going to get tougher and tougher for him to get playing time at our school with the kids we are bringing in, hopefully we can use the open scholarship for a post or tall wing player.

CycloneNation18

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 6, 2012
Harlan, IA
I'm not surprised to see Okoro transferring. He saw the writing on the wall with all the guards coming in the next couple of years and transferred out of here. I don't blame him especially after losing his father and brother in the same year. Best of luck to Kerwin if this is true.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA

Lots of names I recognize on that list, some surprises:
Mike Moser, 6-8, F, Jr., UNLV (will graduate) -- Washington, Oregon, Gonzag

I didn't realize Moser was transferring. If he's 100% healthy, that'll be a coup for whoever gets him.

Webster-Chan is heading to Hawaii

Negus Webster-Chan, 6-7, G, Fr, Missouri -- HAWAII

We are still listed as one of three destinations for Justin Edwards:
Justin Edwards, 6-3, G, Soph.,Maine - Iowa State, Creighton, Kansas State

Didn't this guy play for Iowa one year? He's transferring again
Cully Payne, 6-1, G, Jr., Loyola (Ill.)

nwiaclonefan

Mar 8, 2007
Kirk Haaland seems confused too. Tweeted this earlier this morning. @GoodmanCBS When did Kerwin Okoro from Iowa State announce he was transferring? He's on your list.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I think Fred made the right choice here, Okoro was really the only viable option.

Are you really this big of a ****?

Edit: Nevermind, you reinforced my first impression in later posts.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Are you really this big of a ****?

Edit: Nevermind, you reinforced my first impression in later posts.

Sorry, go back to believing that this was entirely Okoro's choice. Some day you'll grow up and realize how big time college sports really work.

mattyice

Oct 15, 2011
^^^^^ THIS. If you guys dont think these conversations go on behind closed doors....im not sure what to tell you but your intelligence level is not terribly high. It may not have....but to act like they DONT happen is ludicrous.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
From CyJack's posting history, you can really tell that he's a ****.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Sorry, go back to believing that this was entirely Okoro's choice. Some day you'll grow up and realize how big time college sports really work.

It may have been and probably was mutual to some degree, but either way, we have no clue so why discuss it?

Okoro had a lot of reasons why transferring closer to home would be an attractive option.

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
In the cutthroat world of college basketball, often the ones most needing their throats cut, are fans.

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
You think Fred made this choice? Like forced him out?

You're a fool.

If you followed Okoro on Twitter you probably wouldn't think he's a fool. Always mentioned how much how loves Ames, his teamates and how excited he was for next year. I personally don't think Okoro wanted to leave.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006

Maybe you'll grow up to realize that you don't know everything.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
If you followed Okoro on Twitter you probably wouldn't think he's a fool. Always mentioned how much how loves Ames, his teamates and how excited he was for next year. I personally don't think Okoro wanted to leave.

You can love Ames and your teammates, but still want to get closer to home.

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
tumblr_ljh0puClWT1qfkt17.gif

mattyice

Oct 15, 2011
Crazy if you dont think these conversations happen.....they occur all the time. Not saying it did....but the Sunshine and Rainbows coalition doesnt need to rip a guy for his opinion which could 100% be plausible...and im not sure how it even ruffles your feathers? If Fred told the kid he wouldnt play..and to see play elsewhere....are you out something? Get over yourselves.