Ohio State Active Shooter

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
I'm surprised the cop tried to tackle him. As far as I'm concerned, a dude running around stabbing people with a knife gets one quick warning and then they should open fire.

While I have not seen any pictures of video's of this happening (not even sure if they exist); considering this is a college campus with students walking around, I think shooting should not be the first thing to do, in case he missed his target.

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
ok that's fine, and yes they do. But you also shouldn't just assume he is a refugee. The point was there are plenty of other ways to come in.

Honestly it doesn't matter to me if he is or isn't one; he could have arrived yesterday and it wouldn't change my opinion on our refugee policies

Prior to the "transplant" comment, I'd heard it reported as a refugee. That why I thought it was a bit strange.

I'm not out here enough so I was honestly asking if "using the R word" now was trigger word that moved threads to the cave.

That would be ridiculous of course, but one never knows these days.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Best thing is he is dead, no trial, chance he'll get off on a technicality. Hope the victims recover quickly.

• Agree
Reactions: arobb

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Best thing is he is dead, no trial, chance he'll get off on a technicality. Hope the victims recover quickly.

Personally, I'd say the fact that he failed to take any lives would be the "best thing", but yeah, knowing the American people don't have to fork over any additional cash for him makes me happy. Feel bad for the cop that was put into that position, though. Not sure of his age, but he's obviously a young guy. It's never easy to take a life.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

How many times has a person like this gotten off on a technicality? Talk about worrying about nothing.

• Agree
Reactions: carvers4math

mramseyISU

Nov 8, 2006
Waterloo, IA
Personally, I'd say the fact that he failed to take any lives would be the "best thing", but yeah, knowing the American people don't have to fork over any additional cash for him makes me happy. Feel bad for the cop that was put into that position, though. Not sure of his age, but he's obviously a young guy. It's never easy to take a life.
That's got to be tough on that officer I think. Sounds like they got the right guy but what happens when they shoot the wrong guy? I don't think it's happened yet but one of these days it will.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
He probably could have done more damage by driving his vehicle right into a crowd. Must have wanted the dramatic effect of slashing. Ironically, his bloodthirstiness may have saved lives!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron