MLB: ***Official World Series Thread***

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Cardinal fans go to sleep? Seems a little early.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Some interesting buzz going around that Lester had some sort of substance in his glove-- maybe vasoline or pinetar. To me, it's hard to tell. Certainly, that is an interesting color to have on an otherwise new looking glove. At the same time, you'd like to think someone wouldn't be that dumb to put that in his glove in a game with dozens of cameras fixated on your every move...

Did Jon Lester have substance in his glove?

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Some interesting buzz going around that Lester had some sort of substance in his glove-- maybe vasoline or pinetar. To me, it's hard to tell. Certainly, that is an interesting color to have on an otherwise new looking glove. At the same time, you'd like to think someone wouldn't be that dumb to put that in his glove in a game with dozens of cameras fixated on your every move...

The Vine video in that link looks pretty conclusive, no?

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL

Wow, that video is pretty suspicious.

Actually, this is one of the reasons I haven't given up completely on baseball. The whole cheating aspect of it. It always is and always has been part of the game. I remember trying to steal signals back in little league. Hell, when w were 12 we had 4 different sets of signals, each determined by a separate trigger signal, to keep the other team from figuring out what we were going to call. And really, in little league, especially 30 years ago, what are you really going to pick up on. But, it was there. Hell, that year, because our team hit so many home runs, one coach put the balls for our game with them in the freezer for a week. He read somewhere that freezing them softened them up. Oh and that 15 year old from Brooklyn a few years ago playing as a 12 year old. Man this **** is funny.

Steroids, corked bats, sand paper, grease, signale stealing, it's hilarious to me that this is even considered a sport. They should embrace it and go WWE style with it all.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
The Vine video in that link looks pretty conclusive, no?

I couldn't open the video at work, so I'm not sure. That's pretty ballsy to overtly cheat with that many people watching. Hell, some schmuck noticed Tiger dropped a golf ball a few feet from where his previous divot was, and Lester thought no one would notice this?

Last edited:

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
I still feel good about the Cards even after getting crushed 8-1. Take the 4 errors out of play (counting Wainright not catching that fly ball), which is pretty uncommon for them PLUS they had potential for big innings that ended in a weak double play by Freese (he had two good cuts that went foul) which could have made the game 5-2 with base runners in scoring position and only one out.

Things didn't go there way, but that was bad as they could possibly play and the game wasn't that far out of reach if one or two breaks went their way.

Hopefully Wacha continues the magic and the birds can tie it up.

ZJohnson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
On the road...
Just another reason why I am having trouble enjoying baseball right now. Seriously, you need to cheat in the World ******* Series??

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Yeah the Vaseline HAS to be the reason the Cards gave up 5 runs the first two innings.

You Cards played like a HS JV team last night, Vaseline or not.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Even if something is "done" about this, nothing will change. Like stated earlier, that had nothing to do with the Cards defense playing like a bunch of middle schoolers. The only thing that would happen is Lester is banned from the rest of the Worlds Series. Oh well. move on to the next game.

redrocker

Sep 5, 2006
Ames - West-CY'd
The cards peed their pants in the first game. I hope they turn it around and make it a good series.

Any more news on Beltran, if he is going to play tonight? That was an awesome catch to rob Pappi of the grand slam.