***Official What Bowl Are We Going To Thread***

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
As I've been saying, we have no right to complain about what bowl we go to. 6-6 and 9th in a 10 team conference doesn't get you to a good bowl, and it shouldn't. If we wanted better, we should have played better.

It stinks to play the same team 3 times in 2 years, but Memphis is 10 times better than Detroit or Shreveport would have been.

Beale Street in Memphis on New Year's Eve isn't too shabby really.
Our secret weapon is we will have four qbs on the field possibly including tiller.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
All of the Big 12 should not be happy with the bowl outcomes. Not getting a second deserving BCS team for the second year in a row. That is Big East like.

As it is, the Liberty is a darn good at-large bowl. A lot of respect shown to ISU for them to select us when a team we had previously beat already had a spot
I am concerned that B12 did not have a backup plan if 10 teams qualified. That could have happened if Kansas was better. Bowlsby needs to fix this at large problem like the MAC did.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
I have been to Memphis many times. It is ok, not great. Good place to party and get drunk if you want that. Great food though. Rendevous is really top notch barbq. It is better than Shreveport for a day or two. I think the destiantion would be fine, and Tulsa would be fine if we hadn't played them already.

But like so many others have said, don't come out flat and choke against an inferior WV team and you probably don't have this problem.

I actually think at this point in the PR rebuidling the practices are much more important than the destination, or opponet. Really doesn't even matter if we win, just need the extra development.
The stadium has to be better than the Shreveport Stadium. This is on a Sunday? You can drive back and forth with no time off if you want.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Further proof that the Big 12 needs to expand. Big 12 was the best last year and this year they are probably even with the sec and both years they only get 1 in the BCS. Ridiculous.
Yeah when yoiu have all teams competing, the results are .500. Need some fodder in our league.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
3. Another chance to play against the team that ISU opens against next season. (This may suck for a bowl that is a rematch but I think it's a good chance to know a non-conference opponent for next season)
Will it make our schedule tougher than #9? Will we cover the dink passes closer that Cody likes to throw. Will Watson and Givens be back? Can we score more than 38? Will Mizzou and Hoks be jealous? Do you like bluegrass?

cyworship

Jan 10, 2009
Omaha, NE
After dealing with we didn't get picked by the cool kids to play in one of their bowls going to a bowl with tradition seems nice. This bowl has been around and has kept the Liberty name.
Liberty Bowl
Also looks like the payout is higher than HoD (realizing it goes into the conference pool but nice status). And we get to watch the Temptations!

1972 Liberty Bowl ISU vs. GA Tech rated 49th best bowl ever:
College Football: The 50 Best Bowl Games in History | Bleacher Report
This states ISU missed a field goal but I read somewhere else that coach Majors went for 2 at the end of the game to avoid a tie and we were unsuccessful. After game Majors announced he was leaving for Pitt.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
NIU ended up at #15! Passed up Nebraska and UCLA. Finished as high as #12 in some of the CPUs.
Told you guys last night that winning 12 straight would push them up the ladder past the hapless Huskers and twice beaten by Stanford Bruins. You must win your last game.