*** Official Western Illinois Vs IOWA STATE Gameday Thread ***

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
Monte Morris had some breakthrough games as a Freshman too. Only difference was it was during the Big 12 portion of the schedule when he turned it on. I think your seeing it early with Lindell. He is going to be one hell of a player!

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Monte Morris had some breakthrough games as a Freshman too. Only difference was it was during the Big 12 portion of the schedule when he turned it on. I think your seeing it early with Lindell. He is going to be one hell of a player!

I think Lard and even Lewis look good.

I think we'll see less and less of Beverly. Like his hustle but he doesn't do what the others do. Glad he's at ISU though.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Freshmen leading scorers - that's a good step in development.

2775f08daad69cfc6bd820a0d58bf99b.png

Allowrie+Pure+Lard.jpg

brand.gif

Reactions: Cyclonepride

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
@ChrisMWilliams

Remember when you told us to keep our expectations for Lard low...?

That he would not have contributed much last year, despite the problems we had filling the minutes at the 5 spot with a productive player most of the season?

And now you are the largest sunshine pumper for Mr. Lard on the air...? That he is all talent and ability right now and once he has some skill and experience, watch out?

:p

Granted, I am really glad the kid looks good, but I remember what you told us.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Good to see Lewis have success when given minutes.

Talley isn’t a guard. I wonder if he’d be better in an Ejim type role off the bench. He’s athletic enough to be an asset.

Our bigs outside of Lard struggled some on offense.

flynnhicks03

The Man That You Love to Hate
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
www.mapcon.com
@ChrisMWilliams

That he would not have contributed much last year, despite the problems we had filling the minutes at the 5 spot with a productive player most of the season?

And now you are the largest sunshine pumper for Mr. Lard on the air...? That he is all talent and ability right now and once he has some skill and experience, watch out?

Lard is really good. We haven't had a post player like him since Homan. He gets such good position and pins his defender a lot. We don't get him the ball enough right now. He hustles and plays pretty strong defense out there for a freshmen. He looks like the real deal.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Happy to see we got the win, but I couldn't focus on it after that atrocity in Manhattan. Think I'm think I'm not alone as this gameday thread only went 5 pages.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Lard is really good. We haven't had a post player like him since Homan. He gets such good position and pins his defender a lot. We don't get him the ball enough right now. He hustles and plays pretty strong defense out there for a freshmen. He looks like the real deal.

Indeed. Only a matter of time until we see...

35-40 NWB
30-35 Jackson
30-35 Wigginton
25-30 Young
25-30 Lard
-----
15-20 Brase
15-20 Talley

...or something like it, once Prohm shortens his rotation up for the Big 12.

Beverly might hang onto some spot minutes and Lewis or Long might play themselves into slightly bigger roles if Prohm wants eight men, but I imagine the above is our core.

Last edited:

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
@ChrisMWilliams

I'll say this: Nobody in that program was crazy about him last year when he got there. He's grown up a lot since. I don't just tell you guys to be up or down on a guy I have never seen played based on what I think will happen - FYI for the future. Usually what I am hearing from the inside. He's come a long way.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron