*** Official Texas Vs IOWA STATE Gameday Thread ***

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
My moment of the night wasn't even a play on the field. During the game they named the Female and Male athletes of the Year. The male award went to Monte but due to nba training camps opening Monte couldn't be here so Prohm accepted on his behalf and then Prohm gives the award to Cass to hold. Monte probably wouldn't of wanted it any other way. :)

Reactions: NWICY

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Y'all've been listening to too much Jeff Woody and Stanz sunshine pumping. USC is legit and so it Texas' defense. All week people on this site made light of their performance against USC. It was not a fluke, Texas still has legit five star talent across the board on D, and it showed tonight.
This game doesn't mean USC is legit, and it's not the USC game people are overweighting anyways. It's the Maryland game. That game was an outlier, plus it was Maryland with their first and second string QBs, not the 3rd stringer that faced UCF.

We've had success on offense because we played very mediocre teams and easy defenses. Our line isn't good enough to have success against good defenses, and very few people were questioning whether UT had a good defense.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
It can get much worse

Not into sarcasm?
ISU has won, what 6 games vs. OU?

I never expect much in that game.

One could say last night showed perhaps this team isn't much different than previous seasons offensively...if they need someone to make a play it doesn't happen and there's still quite a talent gap. I know they scored 40/game but big moments seperate the good from the rest.

Kudos again to the D though.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Not into sarcasm?

One could say last night showed perhaps this team isn't much different than previous seasons offensively...if they need someone to make a play it doesn't happen and there's still quite a talent gap. I know they scored 40/game but big moments seperate the good from the rest.

Not into suffering. I'm thinking of DeAndre Jackson every time we go to Norman.

Bobhaywood

Dec 10, 2016
Coaching was bad, Park was horrible, helmets looking like crap, qb and coach fighting, nice appearance on the big screen.........

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Curious if anybody has the clear evidence of the knee down with the ball on the kickoff fumble that must exist. Not saying it doesn't exist or couldn't have been the right call, but I haven't seen proof either way if he had the ball or not and the play was reversed so there should be a very clear shot of it somewhere.
There was one camera angle that showed his knee was down before the ball was coming out...thats what sealed the deal......

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
During the Iowa game, the announcers said "this may be the best defense ISU will face all year!" Some other pundits said the same thing.

I think a lot of us wanted that to be true ("hey! we put up 38 in regulation vs. the 'best defense'"). . . but we knew it likely wasn't true, and those fears came to bear last night. This Texas defense was way better than Iowa's.

I'm not saying that absolves the offensive staff of very bizarre play calling, but that TX defense was pretty good. I'm sure Oklahoma will be pretty good, too.

RoseClone

Oct 18, 2006
What a pathetic performance by Park. Play calling was high school and predictable. This team is not going anywhere near a bowl. Same garbage- talking heads saying Oline is progressing - looks like they are regressing to me. Defense. Only thing that showed up. Tired of this pathetic OC - go get a real OC.

The HC of Texas was an idiot when he was here too. He's been successful everywhere else but who needs details. Apparently everyone else that's been here has been an idiot too. I'm convinced no one can recruit to Iowa State and history is on my side. You have to have players and good ones simply won't come here One of, if not the, worst P5 programs in college football over the last X years.

ISU fan is loyal and that's a redeeming quality, but we are also suckers. We believe what we are told way too often. We try to manufacture wins in our head off that wind being blown up our rear ends. We claim this team or that team will be a win and then we are upset and don't understand when that doesn't happen. Suckers.

There's an old pool players saying: When you walk into the pool room looking for the sucker to fleece and you can't find him - you're the sucker.

RoseClone

Oct 18, 2006
Just saw that Lanning had 20 tackles. He’s been way better than I think anyone could have imagined. If he keeps it up, he could play his way into the NFL.
If the other team promises not to throw the ball. Especially to the guy he's covering.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
The HC of Texas was an idiot when he was here too. He's been successful everywhere else but who needs details. Apparently everyone else that's been here has been an idiot too.
You mean the same guy that had the UT offense full of great recruits looking like UNI's jv team?

Don't contradict yourself so blatantly. It takes time and coaching more than anything.

Cloneman89

Sep 28, 2014
Now I know the team blows chunks- Clone fans fighting with each other. EXpectations created future resentment as we believed CMC was our hope-only to be led down the garden path again. Classic excuses as we fight amongst ourselves. JP has filled our heads again with that elusive dream and sold us the Brooklyn bridge. What tools we are - converting a QB to LB who beats out your recruits? SHAM recruiting or just clueless! I doubt this staff very much now - OC has no idea what he is doing.

• Friendly
Reactions: CycoCyclone

RoseClone

Oct 18, 2006
Not into sarcasm?

Has problems with or without sarcasm.