cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
User Actions
Follow

Bruce Miles@BruceMiles2112
#Cubs confirm that Schwarber's home run ball is sitting on top of the right-field scoreboard.

1031935_630x354.jpg

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
So as I said, I was at work from the 6th inning on through the end of the game. I had ESPN Gamecast up in the bottom of the 7th. Gamecast shows Siegrist had 1.0 IP, and 1 ER. As soon as I saw that, the 1 ER turned to 2 ER. I gasped, and then saw the graphic showing the ball going out to right. So I text my dad..."Was that a no doubter?"

:yes:

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I want 1970 to show is cocky self. Dude is probably on the ledge right now, and definitely does not have a boner.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Yep, congrats to the Cubs.

They were the better team in this series. Cards had WAY too many injuries to overcome.
Yeah, it sucks when your team has major injuries at the most important time of the year. Back in 2008, my Brewers lost Ben Sheets, and Yovani Gallardo was coming back from the DL when they entered the playoffs against the Phillies. Even if 100% healthy, I think the Phillies were the better team.
Analyzing this Cards-Cubs series, I think it is very difficult to say for sure that the Cards would have won even if fully healthy. Record-wise, they were the top team. But this Cub team really impressed me by how fast they matured, and how confident they are despite their lack of playoff experience. I think they are peaking at the right time - playing the best ball in the NL - & yet, have room to grow & improve.

Last edited:

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Yeah, it sucks when your team has major injuries at the most important time of the year. Back in 2008, my Brewers lost Ben Sheets, and Yovani Gallardo was coming back from the DL when they entered the playoffs against the Phillies. Even if 100% healthy, I think the Phillies were the better team. In this particular instance, it is very difficult to say for sure that the Cards would have won even if fully healthy. Record-wise, they were the top team. But this Cub team really impressed me by how fast they matured, and how confident they are despite their lack of playoff experience. I think they are peaking at the right time & yet, have room to grow & improve.

Would have loved to see both teams at full strength. Cubs very well could have still won but a series with Wainwright and CarMart throwing to a 100% Molina might have been different. But it's part of the game and the Cardinals have certainly benefitted from it before in previous years so you move on.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I have seen a lot of Cards fans griping about their manager, doing well in regular season but not playoffs. The injury issue seems like something he can't control that much, but not sure, don't follow them that closely.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Would have loved to see both teams at full strength. Cubs very well could have still won but a series with Wainwright and CarMart throwing to a 100% Molina might have been different. But it's part of the game and the Cardinals have certainly benefitted from it before in previous years so you move on.

I don't think CarMart throwing over 150 innings and Molina catching over 120 games are things you should reasonably expect to happen at this point in their careers.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
original

Just patiently waiting for Bode....

Now that the cards are out of it, he is headed to Tibet for some martial arts training with monks in a secluded mountain fortress. Such is the life of a martial arts master.