*** Official Pittsburgh vs IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
I get that TJ wants guys who are willing to play D but the comple inability to score at all is not a good look. Once everyone saw what we had they were able to stop defending about half the time and we started losing. Our fortune match ups with Baylor aside, this is tough to watch. Today happens to be the worst example on the biggest stage. Unfortunate for sure. The effort is there, just no offensive skills to even call on.

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
Good news is no one other than Iowa State and Pitt fans are watching this disaster.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
TJ absolutely has to make a change to his methodology. Defense doesn’t work with literally 0 offense.
Agreed, this crap isn't Cyclone basktball. I'm glad he's got us back to respectability but ffs can we get some guys who can actually shoot? Or at the very least get some guys who can make some free throws once in awhile.

With the exception of the 4 week stretch this January is been nothing but watching bricks being thrown up for 2 years now.

• Haha
Reactions: 3TrueFans

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
TJ absolutely has to make a change to his methodology. Defense doesn’t work with literally 0 offense.
Pitt isn’t even playing good defense. Not at all. This is just zero offensive skill. I like a defense first approach, but this is a defense only approach.

This team is pure guts and it is admirable. But this is really bad basketball.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
This is just like our football team last year. If we were even an average scoring team, we’d be up by 10 right now. I get it this is a thrown together team to get over the hump, but our inability to make any shot is mind boggling at this level.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
That is the problem with everyone. BRE just is not smooth as all the experts want
He's good at exactly 0 things. Anyone who argues he's good needs to submit a whole ass essay explaining what he does well because all he really does is turn the ball over and get owned on defense

Reactions: IFA Cyclone

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Agreed, this crap isn't Cyclone basktball. I'm glad he's got us back to respectability but ffs can we get some guys who can actually shoot? Or at the very least get some guys who can make some free throws once in awhile.

With the exception of the 4 week stretch this January is been nothing but watching bricks being thrown up for 2 years now.

I'm old enough to remember when CW told us with confidence that this team wasn't going to go through scoring droughts like last year ;)

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
Traveling is one of those things tht they are supposed to watch for.

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
There have been plenty of open shots that average D1 shooters should make more times than not

No. Many of the shots this half were rushed or poor.

We have not been driving, kicking our, and driving. Instead we drive once and, especially early, kept trying to force the ball inside. We have scored no points (or a few) when dumping into the paint and initiating there. So why do we keep doing it?

That's a ******** ******* call. Weak.

Final42b

Jan 4, 2009
Ames
Can the guys coming in next year shoot? Can Williams shoot?

Milan is elite. Omaha is serviceable from three. Hamilton has a good looking shot but has struggled in the games I’ve watched. Definitely need a transfer or two that can shoot.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron