*** Official Pittsburgh vs IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I must have missed our 1. I honestly thought we hadn't made one.
Gabe had 1 for sure, finally. Then I thought Tamin had one from the R wing? Must have been a long 2.
Edit: Right, 2/19. Tamin did have one.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
If there isn't a drastic improvement on offense over the next 1-2 years I don't know how TJ keeps his job.
I think the offense will improve. Are you a what have you done for me lately kind of guy?

A little drastic statement here. You forget all the good wins this year or what?

Reactions: CyNews

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Jamie Dixon's hairline is getting a little bit far up there to keep going with the slicked back look imo. It's going to start looking really weird soon.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I won’t miss any of these seniors. Gabe was good about 15% of his career games and bad in the other 85%, Holmes was an inefficient offensive player, Osun was a spot minute caliber player, Kunc was a mostly ineffective player his super senior year and hopefully Jones doesn’t come back because he’s just awful.
Such up and down fans some of us are. You epitomize that. Have you forgotten all the good moments over the past 1-2 years? Guess so.

It's a disrespectful statement on one very bad game, as a #6 seed in the NCAA tournament. Sure there have been other not so great games or finishes, but do you forget the games we won, that maybe we shouldn't have? You so easily dismiss our Cyclone players who gave everything they had? Some of us can slightly agree with your point, maybe, but why even post this?

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Get that dude in the wind and we have this

View attachment 111088

thumb_0AF3AE83-A9BB-41CD-A27B-BE5739261F32.jpg

Reactions: Cyclonepride

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I might struggle with this for the rest of my life. Wait. Are we talking about a basketball game? I'll be alright. We should win it all next year.

Bolded would really be super helpful to fans' struggles with choosing to watch the games.
Pretty simple to do if you think about the general concept of sports games outcomes.

Reactions: jcyclonee

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
After eating Mexican and a few beers, let me say, that while that game was beyond horrible, overall the season was a success. Could we have done more, sure we could of, but for a team that was picked 9th in the preseason, to finish in 5th place and make the tournament is about all anyone could ask for in year two of the staff. Beats the hell out of where we were 2 seasons ago. The recruiting is stepping up big time, the best ISU has ever seen, next year with the new players coming in, I expect us to challenge for the league title until the end.

Good things are happening around both the Men's and Women's BB programs, let's not let one horrible game in the tournament be the defining moment in the program.
I would just add a word of caution here. Hopefully we can fill some holes in the transfer portal (including shooting). That will be the key. Expecting too much out of the freshman class will be a mistake, IMO.

I'm very optimistic, yes, and excited to see what TJ can do in year 3. On the other hand, the freshman class will be freshman. Big 12 teams have great players also, and I'd be willing to guess that the top teams in the league next year will not be freshman dominated.

Should be a fun (next) year.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclad