*** Official Oklahoma Vs IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
It’s amazing how quiet it is after a fantastic win. Be a clone or get the **** out
There's still plenty of reason to doubt Prohm, but tonight he showed he can make change and the team showed they're receptive to it. The question now is... if it is sustainable.

However, those who blame Prohm for all of the losses must also credit him in a win. The team we saw tonight was wildly different than before, and that starts with him making the call. That said, a coach always looks good when his players execute, which ours clearly did today. If it doesn't stay around, it may be an anomaly. If it does stay around, I'd like to think that was a coached effort.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Okay general thoughts, player by player --

Haliburton = "only" played 33 minutes tonight, yet still scored 15 on 6/10 shooting and 3/6 from the line... the guy is just a monster and can win games by himself, but I was glad to see the team play well without him on the floor this time

Bolton = 23 points on 10/17 shooting and 3/8 from three, maybe his best game as a Cyclone so far, had 6 assists to 2 turnovers... I still think we need an immediately-eligible PG for next year, but Bolton might have a future there

Jackson = also probably his best game as a Cyclone so far, went 4/6 from the field (and 4/5 from three) in 23 minutes, was pesky as heck on defense... I know he is small, but if he is a 3&D guy *now,* the rest of the season changes

Conditt = a relatively quiet night for him lately, with only 8 points and 1 block in 23 minutes, but we are clearly at our best in a 4/1 with Conditt as the 5

Nixon = played how he should... 2/7 from the field, maybe a little bit too much shot-taking on his part for my tastes, including 0/3 from three, but he mostly concentrated on defense and was taking admittedly good looks, so he was alright tonight

Lewis = I know that first-half is going to set the forums on fire about why he did not play in the second, but I think he got about what he deserves now with 18 minutes out there... him being viable on the court as a 4-man in our 4/1 greatly enhances what the team might be able to do this year, and I like him as a heat check guy for ~20 minutes like that... he was only 3/6 from the field and 1/4 from three, but being able to put up 10 points that quickly makes him finally start to be useful... glad to see the young man make an impact

Jacobson = he is fine as a backup for Conditt, but the less we play Jacobson and Young, the better, and I never want to see those two on the court together again

Young = fine as a secondary backup to Conditt, and I am okay with bursts of Jacobson-Conditt instead of the 4/1, but we really have three guys for one position

Griffin = he was alright tonight, though he did get hosed on defense once or twice that I remember, you have to think Lewis is ahead of him as that 4-man

Grill + walk-ons = great job finishing the game

clone1990

Apr 14, 2008
I see a few of the usual d-bags didn’t even bother to show up in the game thread today and I see a few semi d-bags that saved up all day expecting to be able to splooge all
over this team and instead have to settle for splooging all over a sock.
Would you lighten up? Can’t we enjoy this without your name calling. Not sure I saw you much in the in game thread.

clone1990

Apr 14, 2008
There's still plenty of reason to doubt Prohm, but tonight he showed he can make change and the team showed they're receptive to it. The question now is... if it is sustainable.

However, those who blame Prohm for all of the losses must also credit him in a win. The team we saw tonight was wildly different than before, and that starts with him making the call. That said, a coach always looks good when his players execute, which ours clearly did today. If it doesn't stay around, it may be an anomaly. If it does stay around, I'd like to think that was a coached effort.
Agreed. Credit where credit is due.

Reactions: Snydes

jpete24

Wearing nut cup since 2002
SuperFanatic
Mar 25, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
I watching the game for a second time. I was at a party and only got to see it in the background. Great win, good adjustments. Still critical of Prohm. Let’s see if these changes stick.

• Funny
Reactions: aauummm

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Okay general thoughts, player by player --

Haliburton = "only" played 33 minutes tonight, yet still scored 15 on 6/10 shooting and 3/6 from the line... the guy is just a monster and can win games by himself, but I was glad to see the team play well without him on the floor this time

Bolton = 23 points on 10/17 shooting and 3/8 from three, maybe his best game as a Cyclone so far, had 6 assists to 2 turnovers... I still think we need an immediately-eligible PG for next year, but Bolton might have a future there

Jackson = also probably his best game as a Cyclone so far, went 4/6 from the field (and 4/5 from three) in 23 minutes, was pesky as heck on defense... I know he is small, but if he is a 3&D guy *now,* the rest of the season changes

Conditt = a relatively quiet night for him lately, with only 8 points and 1 block in 23 minutes, but we are clearly at our best in a 4/1 with Conditt as the 5

Nixon = played how he should... 2/7 from the field, maybe a little bit too much shot-taking on his part for my tastes, including 0/3 from three, but he mostly concentrated on defense and was taking admittedly good looks, so he was alright tonight

Lewis = I know that first-half is going to set the forums on fire about why he did not play in the second, but I think he got about what he deserves now with 18 minutes out there... him being viable on the court as a 4-man in our 4/1 greatly enhances what the team might be able to do this year, and I like him as a heat check guy for ~20 minutes like that... he was only 3/6 from the field and 1/4 from three, however, but being able to put up 10 points that quickly makes him finally start to be useful... glad to see the young man finally make an impact

Jacobson = he is fine as a backup for Conditt, but the less we play Jacobson and Young, the better, and I never want to see those two on the court together again

Young = fine as a secondary backup to Conditt, and I am okay with bursts of Jacobson-Conditt instead of the 4/1, but we really have three guys for one position

Griffin = he was alright tonight, though he did get hosed on defense once or twice that I remember, you have to think Lewis is ahead of him as that 4-man

Grill + walk-ons = great job finishing the game
I agree with pretty much all of this, except maybe being a little shallow on Griffin (but I totally get why). He provides a ton of energy and disruptive effort out there in bursts, which is ideal for a guy off the bench. His aggression is duly noted.

However, I have to admit that I don't see much of a role for him past that... right now. I'm hoping to see more of him and identify a particularly useful skill to put out there. Right now, he just seems to be good-ish at most things, but doesn't really excel at anything. I view him and TLew basically the same in that regard.

sheepplucker

Sep 22, 2013
I see a few of the usual d-bags didn’t even bother to show up in the game thread today and I see a few semi d-bags that saved up all day expecting to be able to splooge all
over this team and instead have to settle for splooging all over a sock.

and then the abnormal D-bags are here to complain about those D-bags not being here so he could complain about their complaints.. such a tool.

• Funny
Reactions: pulse and clone1990