*** Official Oklahoma Vs IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
LOL at this thread. If I had only read this thread and not watched the game I would have thought Lewis was Jordan. He played well and his defensive intensity was refreshing but he disappeared in the second half. Hope he can continue helping this team.

Jackson is the player that really provided the bump that we needed on offense. His shooting will be key for Continued success.

Nixon needs to be playing, but like many on here have been saying his shot selection has been the problem. He's been actually very efficient player if he limits his long range shots and attacks the basket. Good mid range and in.

Griffin just looks lost out there both on offense and defense. His effort is there but he's such a liability it's hard for Prohm to keep him out there. Hopefully the light comes on soon because he's prob the best option for the spread 4.

The odd man out unfortunately might be MJ. Looks like his mins will be limited to what the opposing teams puts out there.

Wish the team realized earlier what they needed to do to win. I hope it's not too late and they keep it up.

As far as Nixon, it seems his bad shots typically come from quick 3s without any ball movement. Maybe Prohm needs to implement some sort of 3 pass minimum system to help him understand that a shot off a kickout is better than what he's taking. MJ is also guilty of this, but he should just stop shooting all together

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
As far as Nixon, it seems his bad shots typically come from quick 3s without any ball movement. Maybe Prohm needs to implement some sort of 3 pass minimum system to help him understand that a shot off a kickout is better than what he's taking. MJ is also guilty of this, but he should just stop shooting all together
Agree on your first point about Nixon. Last night's game I thought Nixon played one of his best games. Limited his outside shots and scored when he was in mid range. A couple of his 3pt shots were with time expiring. I actually think MJ could be more aggressive. Not necessary from 3 but he's pretty good in the mid range and post. With a team that has offensive struggles I feel MJ in the middle is a better option than a Nixon 3.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

Hoosiers is just a movie, it’s not real life.