Nevada, IA
ou_logo_2.png vs site.png

Oklahoma (19-8, 7-7 BIG 12)
#8 IOWA STATE (21-6, 10-4 BIG 12)
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 28TH 7:00 P.M. CST
HILTON COLISEUM / AMES, IA

TV: ESPN+
Talent: Shawn Kenney, pxp Jess Settles, analyst

Radio: Cyclone Radio Network (Varsity Network)
CRN Talent: John Walters (pxp); Eric Heft (analyst)

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
7e1i5z.gif

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
For some reason, KU dropping one at home kind of has my guard up some. I suddenly feel as if we go 1-1 in our remaining home games.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

Allikat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2018
For some reason, KU dropping one at home kind of has my guard up some. I suddenly feel as if we go 1-1 in our remaining home games.
I am nervous too.

BYU is good and if they hit their threes we could be in trouble. Particularly with Texas winning OU needs a signature win to help,their bubble status. We are a prime opportunity for that and they should be up for this game.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I am nervous too.

BYU is good and if they hit their threes we could be in trouble. Particularly with Texas winning OU needs a signature win to help,their bubble status. We are a prime opportunity for that and they should be up for this game.
Both teams have arguably presented themselves to be our toughest challenges outside of obvious Houston. Both really equipped to exploit our aggressive double teaming with ball movement and lineups that have shooters 1-5. We especially got diced up @ BYU, so I was already a bit nervous for the rematch. Now that they've slayed one giant in their own house, they'll have all the confidence in the world headed into Hilton next week. One game at a time though, and this OU team is not about to rollover, though I think this one will be the easier of the two remaining home games.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
My pre game takes ahead of WVU turned out to be complete garbage, so let's hope I'm wrong again about tonight:

February blues continue to creep up on us, and the team struggles to keep the Hilton faithful engaged. Get down big early, with some cold shooting and get burned on some slow defensive rotations. OU takes an 8 point lead into the locker room at halftime. Someone like Sam Godwin or Luke Northweather are just balling out of their minds for some reason.

Fast forward to 2nd half and it's rally time. The good guys expend tremendous energy to narrow the gap for the first 15 minutes, then it becomes back and forth for the stretch until ultimately Hilton Magic and a friendly home whistle net us our 22nd win, but it's a win that makes most of us feel a little concerned about the remaining three games.

Iowa State 84 OU 81

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Might be one of those 'bad matchup' type of games.

OU has a ton to play for and hopefully Saturday's sluggishness was just a blip and not a February swoon type of trend.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
IIRC, our backcourt probably had its worst game of the season as a unit (not counting Milan as a guard). Tamin, Keshon, Curtis and Jackson had 22 points, 10 rebounds and 8 assists combined on 9-27 (1-8 from three) and Tamin and Keshon both fouled out. OU also only had 10 turnovers with Tamin and Curtis getting 1 steal each (Keshon and Jackson had 0).

Guessing those guys remember that.