*** Official Oklahoma vs #23 IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
He was off, his shots weren't even close. He gave effort, just off his game. As bad as his misses were I feel like his body was worn out.

I only dumbed you because of the effort thing. He showed effort.
Not sure what game you were watching but he was lazy and played with the least effort I’ve seen all year.

Reactions: CyBobby

Cyclones791

Dec 8, 2022
It’s not going to matter how much talent TJ has on his team. This coaching staff is incompetent. Have you seen them make any adjustments in 2 years. They don’t run any offense. The offense consists of chucking the ball around on the perimeter and jacking up an off balance 3 point shot. He very seldom calls a timeout to stop the other teams runs until it’s too late. Have ever seen him call a timeout and design a play for his team to run. The teams strength has always been defense and they aren’t playing any now….guys have been wide open on the perimeter for several weeks now.

TJ’s strength is recruiting . He is not an X and O guy. He has no business being a head coach. If Jamie pollard hadn’t hired him away from UNLV he would have eventually been fired and that would have been the end of his division 1 head coaching opportunities. He is over his head being a head coach. He is a career assistant.

cyclonehomer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2019
Osun has been the bigger disappointment in my opinion. I thought we were getting a dominant 5 to protect the rim; he's had his moments but I've been left wanting more. I just wonder if Holmes is tired; first half of conference play he was really good and a big reason for those wins.
I mean I'll say Osun has at least been easily the best 5 on the roster.

• Agree

cyclonehomer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2019
Bottom line, we've seen the ceiling until they care more about the offensive side of the ball. Recruiting Ward while you're apparently completely fine with Rob (had an excellent game for his level of play today) playing this much is a complete disaster when you so obviously need an Alpha at guard... That has killed this team.

AJ Green blah blah blah, tell me more about why I was wrong for saying they should have filled the roster and made room after the fact if he wanted to come to ISU as soon as he made it clear he would wait until the draft came.

Bright future, but they need to take offense more seriously when recruiting transfers this off-season.

Clone95

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 13, 2019
It’s not going to matter how much talent TJ has on his team. This coaching staff is incompetent. Have you seen them make any adjustments in 2 years. They don’t run any offense. The offense consists of chucking the ball around on the perimeter and jacking up an off balance 3 point shot. He very seldom calls a timeout to stop the other teams runs until it’s too late. Have ever seen him call a timeout and design a play for his team to run. The teams strength has always been defense and they aren’t playing any now….guys have been wide open on the perimeter for several weeks now.

TJ’s strength is recruiting . He is not an X and O guy. He has no business being a head coach. If Jamie pollard hadn’t hired him away from UNLV he would have eventually been fired and that would have been the end of his division 1 head coaching opportunities. He is over his head being a head coach. He is a career assistant.
Congratulations. You had that post T’d up through last season and the first 2/3 of this season and finally got to post it.

Today’s your day, bud.

cyclonehomer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2019
Congratulations. You had that post T’d up through last season and the first 2/3 of this season and finally got to post it.

Today’s your day, bud.
Better things aren't possible, you're completely correct.

CyNews

Mar 19, 2021

Perhaps you should send your resume.

Reactions: Cyinthenorth

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
Jesus H Christ.

ISU's offense is *horrendous*

Finally got to watch a game after missing the last few and was pretty excited since the worst team in the conference was coming to Hilton.

This team just seems to have zero plan on offense, is now playing really bad defense, and the substitutions/rotation seems really odd as well.
I hate to say it but Nebraska’s crowd (a .500 team) playing an abysmal 7-19 Minnesota team puts today’s and last week’s Hilton to shame..
We have an award winning Pom Squad

Attachments

• 098CF3E0-A8CB-451E-9FCB-CA640363E079.jpeg
    098CF3E0-A8CB-451E-9FCB-CA640363E079.jpeg
    404.6 KB · Views: 20

Inthesystem

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 12, 2009
They’re young enough that they really shouldn’t get tired right? But they sure looked slow and tired today.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Osun has been the bigger disappointment in my opinion. I thought we were getting a dominant 5 to protect the rim; he's had his moments but I've been left wanting more. I just wonder if Holmes is tired; first half of conference play he was really good and a big reason for those wins.
Osun kind of reminds me of 2019 Lard and 2015 McKay. We needed freshman Lard or Junior McKay from him.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Well that 2nd half was some bad basketball. Hopefully they close out with a W against WV Monday night.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
He was off, his shots weren't even close. He gave effort, just off his game. As bad as his misses were I feel like his body was worn out.

I only dumbed you because of the effort thing. He showed effort.
Agreed. And I've called out Gabe as someone we have to see get going...which is still true. But I think Holmes' funk is now worse.

In our last four losses, he is:
  • 10-46 from the field (21%)
  • 2-15 from three (13%)
    • 0-9 from three the past three games (0%)
  • Hasn't had more than 9 points
  • Averaging 7.5 ppg

CycloneMBB

Apr 6, 2021
I think he, specifically, is overloaded with offensive and defensive duties.
Seriously? If it’s related to lacking quickness and speed, it’s been like that all year. It’s being exposed on Defense in conference which isn’t a surprise. Offense too. They are putting longer slow guys on him and he can’t finish anymore … this is the best conference in basketball and they figured out how to attack him on both ends.

CycloneMBB

Apr 6, 2021
Grill's back injury coinciding with Gabe regressing is the major reason imo.
Gabe wasn’t the problem today … not lights out (11 shots - 12 pts) but definitely not the problem on offense.

Jaren was awful on both ends.

Coaching … especially on offense is the biggest issue. Having Jaren in position to take that many shots makes no sense.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron