*** Official Northern Illinois VS IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

flynnhicks03

The Man That You Love to Hate
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
www.mapcon.com
dekalb il a sneaky good city 2 raise a family. quick trip into the city of chicago. majiuana is legal in illinois. very close 2 a weekend in door county wi. all areound nice place- thick steves (me).

Little known fact: I was born in Dekalb, IL (me and Cindy Crawford). I haven't spent much time there, though, and haven't been back in long time.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Always a good day when we get to watch the Cyclones at Hilton!

I'll be watching the post player splits. Conditt really looked good Saturday and I am of the opinion he'll be starting eventually. Doubt it is tonight as Prohm hasn't made quick lineup changes especially for upperclassmen. I will be watching the minute split though. Having a split of Conditt/Jacobson and Young/Griffin would give the Post Defense and have some PF stretch scoring. I am a bit concerned the current MJ/SY doesn't offer that and hurts driving lanes.

Tre was playing good on ball defense Saturday, hopefully he get some shots to fall to support his confidence and get comfortable in Hilton and solidify the 6th man role. Bolton looked good on offense but struggled on defense, could have been a step slow due to his hamstring injury. I'd like to see him improve there.

Finally, Hali being aggressive from the jump. Get the team started of hot and build a lead so we can get the deeper depth players especially Grill some run.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
magneto-bolton-gif.68434

gambit-grill-gif.68435

wolverine-prentiss-gif.68437

michael-jorcobson-gif.62173

solomon-birdie-gif.45659

hal-con-sh-gif.59773

prohm-gallop-gif.51643

giphy.gif

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
1.) Interested to see if Nixon can defend German.
2.) Hopefully we can get more time for the bench. Minutes for these guys should be an investment that pays off later. Particularly for Conditt and Jackson.
3.) Better team defense.

• Agree
Reactions: Snydes

sheepplucker

Sep 22, 2013
Always a good day when we get to watch the Cyclones at Hilton!

I'll be watching the post player splits. Conditt really looked good Saturday and I am of the opinion he'll be starting eventually. Doubt it is tonight as Prohm hasn't made quick lineup changes especially for upperclassmen. I will be watching the minute split though. Having a split of Conditt/Jacobson and Young/Griffin would give the Post Defense and have some PF stretch scoring. I am a bit concerned the current MJ/SY doesn't offer that and hurts driving lanes.

Tre was playing good on ball defense Saturday, hopefully he get some shots to fall to support his confidence and get comfortable in Hilton and solidify the 6th man role. Bolton looked good on offense but struggled on defense, could have been a step slow due to his hamstring injury. I'd like to see him improve there.

Finally, Hali being aggressive from the jump. Get the team started of hot and build a lead so we can get the deeper depth players especially Grill some run.
I like your take on the SY/MJ split. a small forward like Zion griffen might give more options while solo is in the game. And yeah I’m interested to see grill in real action.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I like your take on the SY/MJ split. a small forward like Zion griffen might give more options while solo is in the game. And yeah I’m interested to see grill in real action.
Is Zion a better stretch than Jacobson?

I’d like to see more Jacobson/Conditt, simply because Conditt needs more time.

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
Is Zion a better stretch than Jacobson?

I’d like to see more Jacobson/Conditt, simply because Conditt needs more time.
I think Zion is a better stretch 4 just due to his ability to guard quicker 4's on defense. He doesn't need an eraser like Conditt behind him.

Which would make Jacobson play a lot more freely guarding perimeter players as well.

Reactions: Halincandenza

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
He’s more athletic and is a heck of a lot more likely to create his own shot than Jacobson.
He’s more athletic, which should help on defense, but are we watching the same Zion on offense? He’s got a ways to go before he’s a heck of a lot better than Jacobson at anything on offense imo. Even his advantage on defense is theoretical right now.

sheepplucker

Sep 22, 2013
He’s more athletic and is a heck of a lot more likely to create his own shot than Jacobson.
I would expect the Jacobson conditt duo to look a lot like the Jacobson solo duo. Ball will stick because a G or Wing isn’t going to get burned By MJ

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
I watched that game, and UNI really pretty much controlled the game from start to finish.

The Huskies do have a really good guard named Eugene German who is one of those mid-major stars who is capable of going off for a big game anytime against anyone. We (and yes, as a dual ISU/UNI fan I say we in discussing the Panthers) were able to score on them both inside and outside the paint and more than held our own on the boards.

If we (ISU) come out cold and the German kid gets hot it could get interesting, but if UNI won by double digits on the road against them ISU (on paper at least) will win by at least 10 at Hilton.
Came here to post about German and how we should all expect him to be that guy on the opposing team that seemingly can't miss. Dude is a bucket getter, and has been doing it consistently for years.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I think Zion is a better stretch 4 just due to his ability to guard quicker 4's on defense. He doesn't need an eraser like Conditt behind him.
His defense isn’t that much better imo. Hopefully it improves.

He’s a good role player off the bench imo. Conditt on the other hand needs more equitable playing time as the starters.

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
His defense isn’t that much better imo. Hopefully it improves.

He’s a good role player off the bench imo. Conditt on the other hand needs more equitable playing time as the starters.
I would agree with that. I think he has more potential to be able to guard quicker 4's, but you are right he isn't quite there yet. Also for as much love as he has gotten for offensive rebounds I think Jacobson is still better at that as well.

• Agree
Reactions: FinalFourCy

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
So hard to predict how these early games will play out. Team is still a work in progress.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I would expect the Jacobson conditt duo to look a lot like the Jacobson solo duo. Ball will stick because a G or Wing isn’t going to get burned By MJ
Does that change with a 6’6” forward that can’t yet dribble like a wing and hasn’t proven to be a better shooter? Zion’s more ready value is on defense, but he’s still learning. If a guard is on Jacobson, we shouldn’t be having him outside anyways.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Little known fact: I was born in Dekalb, IL (me and Cindy Crawford). I haven't spent much time there, though, and haven't been back in long time.
My good buddies dad was born in DeKalb as well (go barbs!) and he dated Cindy Crawford in HS...

They broke up. He went on to play QB at Arizona and marry a cheerleader and has college level and beyond athletes for children, it's all very annoying.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
My good buddies dad was born in DeKalb as well (go barbs!) and he dated Cindy Crawford in HS...

They broke up. He went on to play QB at Arizona and marry a cheerleader and has college level and beyond athletes for children, it's all very annoying.

Who ended it?