*** Official Louisiana VS #23 IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
DL was pretty good. No one else. DBs missed tackles, got burned. OL fell apart after the injury. ST was horrible like always. Gotta say I prefer not automatically fair catching every punt, but our returner dances back and forth and is ineffective. LBs were out of position and missed tackles. RB fumbled. WR/TE dropped passes. Purdy was inaccurate and made poor decisions. He had open checkdown RBs, but he was locked onto the least open receiver. He also had an open field for keepers that he only tried about twice. We see this every opening game, every season. Campbell thinks he has all the answers, which makes him inflexible, and he is comitted to his buddy system; so nothing will change. We will never beat Iowa as long as he is in charge. He is a good recruiter and wont lose his job by saying or doing anything unprofessional, but if he can't admit that he was wrong, then I am not sure what we have going forward.

Purdy worries me a bit after his 3rd really bad game in a row now. he is now a junior and arguably less effective than he was as a freshmen. He should be getting better, he looks so damn slow now, still the same mechanics problems, just odd.

overall just not seeing a ton of guys get better.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Just got roasted by Urban Meyer on Fox, and I don’t disagree with what he said was the main thing: slow.
We looked so slow today.
That's concerning. I thought we looked slow. Slower than a Sun Belt team in year 5 of Campbell restructuring and retooling the roster his way. Maybe this wouldn't be an issue if we played in the Big Ten West.

I didn't anticipate WR being an area of concern for this team, but it is a pretty big one, possibly the biggest after special teams.

Darius Bieber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2017
San Antonio, TX
That's concerning. I thought we looked slow. Slower than a Sun Belt team in year 5 of Campbell restructuring and retooling the roster his way. Maybe this wouldn't be an issue if we played in the Big Ten West.

I didn't anticipate WR being an area of concern for this team, but it is a pretty big one, possibly the biggest after special teams.

The WR problem is a big one. We don’t have a go-to guy at all. I think we may have one of the worst WR groups in the Big 12 this year.

• Winner
Reactions: CyBobby

Peter

Feb 21, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
It’s like each down you throw about 8 basic plays into a hat and draw one. There is no flow and nothing is setting another play up.
I’ve never seen a team look to the sidelines more for a play call. It’s almost like the staff doesn’t know what to do and has no confidence in the players. No rhythm. Keeps the offense out of sink.

Darius Bieber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Even Kansas is showing some attitude and fire even though they’re down 28-11 against Coastal Carolina. We just looked defeated all game.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I’ve never seen a team look to the sidelines more for a play call. It’s almost like the staff doesn’t know what to do and has no confidence in the players. No rhythm. Keeps the offense out of sink.
So true. There's one thing we know for sure that Campbell does well, and that's micromanage

• Useful
Reactions: CyBobby

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
Brock was staring down his receiver today. That won't end well.

For ISU to win, Brock MUST run. But, if he runs 10+ times a game, he will get injured.

But, ISU needs Brock out there to hype his 1st round draft pick clippings, so we can attract real talent.

Soooooooo........Brock won't run.

not to mention the backup QB is a true freshman. Not going to let Purdy run too much.

• Agree
  • Funny
Reactions: CyBobby and Lineup

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron