*** Official Kansas State vs #7 IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

singsing

Nov 2, 2007
Bonus going into next year. We have the purple kitties at home and will play kansas at Arrowhead. Won't have to step foot in that state for some time to watch ISU play. Won't be paying any tolls or anything else to help finance anything kansas.

Reactions: CycloneSpinning

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
Apologies if this has already been answered, but does anyone know why Demarion Watson was not available last night?

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
We were awful from 3, didn’t have a key player in Watson available, didn’t get our normal performances from CuJo, Gilbert, and Milan…. and still beat those Tang losers by 19 points!

We play even our average offensive game and we win tonight by 30+. Love it! But I do want to see our offense start clicking again here soon.
I look forward to the threes dropping again, but even with such a bad night from the arc, we shot 46.3% from the field overall, and 60% (24-40) from inside it. That's not bad offense in my book.

Clone95

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 13, 2019
Tang with the broom felt like something Prohm would have done. Desperate move. Awesome game!
I know Prohm wasn’t a great coach but he wasn’t a narcissist that made everything about him like Tang. And he wasn’t a d**k that would show up a person trying do their job just to make everyone know he’s in charge.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I was busy all night and just got home to see the score. No idea how it went down so will have to catch a replay. But does anyone have a synopsis of how we played? Scored in the 70s so that’s nice to see. Great to get a win like that.
K State's whole offense for the latter part of the first half was driving into contact and throwing up wild shots to get the free throws (and it worked after Tang harassed the refs, got a T and the refs started calling everything). They went on an early run in the second half to make it close and then our defense clamped down and suffocated them, forcing a lot of turnovers.

Last edited:

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
So the narrative I'm gathering from perusing K-State message boards and media is that they only played poorly cause they were tired, they deserve to be in the tournament, and god wants them in the tournament.

They also really hate us.
donald-glover-good.gif
Complete victims. If only they wouldn't have been blown out by Oklahoma at home and won more than 1 conference road game.

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
Just dropped in to say good riddance to Purple Kansas. Sat next to some aweful/surly KSUers last night that loathed ISU. It was nice to hear NOTHING from them the entire second half as their team was clearly outmatched.

Great game BRE!

Go Cyclones!
Inserting Surly in the discussion, has Surly disappeared completely or participating on other fan sites?

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
Ala McCaffery. Whiney coach=whiney players. What I found most interesting was his pre-planned 'marketing' blitz for why they should be in the NCAA tournament. Interesting dude for sure.

farm85

Mar 23, 2016
Flekkefjord, Norway
Inserting Surly in the discussion, has Surly disappeared completely or participating on other fan sites?
Pretty sure that "AVeritas" is on the Husker message board. I was reading the thread about CClark after the Husker 's win in Lincoln. If that isn't Surly, it is a twin.

farm85

Mar 23, 2016
Flekkefjord, Norway
Not sure if this was mentioned in the thread, but Tang and Omaha hugged one another & appeared to have a little discussion in the handshake line. Wondering if our spies picked up on the conversation?:rolleyes:

• Informative
Reactions: Kinch