***OFFICIAL ISU-Iowa Post Game Thread***

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
I'm not a kid. I don't act like a tough guy. So you are wrong on SO many levels. I understand you are sad that you lost last night and that's fine, but please calm down.

My bad kiddo, I'm perfectly calm. If you're not a kid, how old are you? You apparently had your mom bring you for a haircut or something recently, so if you're an adult... lol.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Drawing grand conclusions about other past games from this game which had 25 minutes of garbage-time is probably not the best idea.

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines
My bad kiddo, I'm perfectly calm. If you're not a kid, how old are you? You apparently had your mom bring you for a haircut or something recently, so if you're an adult... lol.
I'm not going to throw out my age, but I am in college. That should say enough. I'm an adult under government law.

cyclone22

Sep 14, 2011
Ames, IA
"Shut their trap"? Really? What are you, I'm guessing 15 or 16? Telling adults to "shut their trap" when having a civil discussion with other adults about a college basketball game.

Look here, kid. I understand you like being the internet tough guy and all, but if the personality you display on this site is anything to what you're like in real life, I feel sorry for you. I really do.

+1, and I'm a Cyclones fan lol.

majorcyfan

Feb 18, 2007
Vatterott doesn't count.

Is that where you really studied?

Too bad the Hackeye station 13 even admitted that this game was over at halftime.

Iowa is on its way to being the 4th best team in the state.

Denial is not JUST a river in Eygpt, just ask any Hackeye.

One comment I heard at the game last night: BRING BACK ALFRED!

IOWA IS SWIMMING UP STREAM JUST LIKE A SALMON WITH PREDICTABLE RESULTS.

Last edited:

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
One of the more lopsided wins I've seen in this series. We clearly were the better team despite what I thought was a mediocre offensive and defensive night for ISU. Drives me me buggy when we take a outside shot and nobody crashes the board for a rebound(and we owned Iowa in that area depsite that). Ref's called it way too tight the entire game. At least they evenly distributed bad calls.

Love watching Frannie get upset on the side lines. He's really good at getting mad, but not sure how well it helps his team out in the end.

I like our talent level, but seems like we lose focus at times. Oh well. My gauge of how good the team is the Fizer/Tinsley years as that's the best basketball ISU ever played. We're not there yet, but heading the right direction.:v_SPIN: Just hope Fred is a true cross of Johnny Orr and Tim Floyd. If he is, we have nothing to worry about long term!

Last edited:

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
1) Slept walk through 40 minutes against Drake and UNI. Slept walk through about 30 minutes against Michigan. Now we're down to about 20. If we can get it down to about 5 minutes of uninspired play for the game, then this team still has a chance to accomplish what we hope they can.

2) Scotty at the off-guard is a big upgrade. He is much better there. Chris Allen should look to penetrate a little more still. Bubu was terrific.

3) I wish they were better at being able to defend hard, but without fouling like Floyd and LE's teams.

4) If they go 10-3 non-conf., then would 10-8 in Big 12 play get them a tourney bid?

It'd be very close. Look at Colorado last year.

11-4 non-conference
10-9 conference (counting B12 tournament)

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
I made it about 8 minutes into the second half. Games that are officiated this way are unwatchable.

It isn't that it's too ticky-tack, or that it's uneven — the types of calls are inconsistent, and it's called noticeably tighter than the first half, with little change in how the game was played.

mikem

Jul 27, 2010
I agree with SplitIdentity on his observations, and I don't cheer for Iowa. As an ISU grad and a long time follower of ISU athletics, too many Cyclone Fanatics look through rose colored glasses, harbor over hyped expectations, and express irrationally exuberant homerism. You are expected to be optimistic, have a positive outlook, and cheer for our team. But please get a grip on reality and don't go to the extreme. When we get to the level of consistently making the NCAA tournament and top level bowl games, then you can be arrogant like the fans many of you now despise.

Sigh...

He was wrong. Not because I think that Iowa State is very good at this point, but because it was obvious that Fred was trying different stuff. The game was never in doubt. Everytime the hawks got within shouting distance, when there was actual time left on the clock, Iowa State stretched it back pretty quickly.

We need to be able to do other stuff when teams double Royce, and take him away from the offense. This was a time to do than, and Fred did.

And I am interested that after only 27 posts, you comment on this...

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
The first half was the best basketball that ISU has played all season, and they didn't even though Allen was in foul trouble.

The second half they came out a little sluggish but it was good they withstood the challenge.

The last 7 minutes or so was really sloppy. They need to work on how to break presses. There were a lot ot stupid decisions like passing it to a guy in the corner and then the guy would stop and get trapped. Also, Bubu really needs to work on his free throw shooting. They game would never have gotten that close he could have hit a few more free throws.

Scotty and Ejim: best games of the season.

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
Is that where you really studied?

Too bad the Hackeye station 13 even admitted that this game was over at halftime.

Iowa is on its way to being the 4th best team in the state.

Denial is not JUST a river in Eygpt, just ask any Hackeye.

One comment I heard at the game last night: BRING BACK ALFRED!

IOWA IS SWIMMING UP STREAM JUST LIKE A SALMON WITH PREDICTABLE RESULTS.

iowa Sucks. I love it.

They are right where they belong, the bottom of the Big 10. I look forward to seeing them finish there for many-many more years.

IASTATE4LIFE

Apr 22, 2010
iowa Sucks. I love it.

They are right where they belong, the bottom of the Big 10. I look forward to seeing them finish there for many-many more years.

Iowa Is Horrible. But so is Iowa State. good thing is the clones could be so much better, and hopefully with time they will be.

I have never seen a team walk up and down the court so much, it is ridiculous and guys need to start getting benched for it. I would rather see guys act like they want to be in there. Props to Bubu and Mcgee for actually giving a xxxx and playing hard.

If they don't figure out how to find the open man on the press really quick we are screwed. we could have had so many 3 on 1 or 3 on 2 fast breaks out of the press if they would just look down the court.

If you can't beat iowa's crappy zone defense we are in trouble. Reverse the ball and use the baseline!

Can't believe we suck so bad at free throws.

I know Fred is trying to teach these guys this stuff, and I think he probably figured they would already know it since they should have learned it in high school, but Cmon Man.

If you are going to suck at all these crucial phases of the game, you should at least hustle! Hate seeing them just mope around. It drives me crazy. Good thing it was Iowa we were playing because other teams are going to convert 4 on 1 and 3 on 2 fast breaks every time.

I hope to see Fred keep shaking up the lineup because right now we have to many content guys playing half a**.

Hope to see some Hustle and Go State!

cyclone87

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2011
Ames, IA
Iowa Is Horrible. But so is Iowa State. good thing is the clones could be so much better, and hopefully with time they will be.

I have never seen a team walk up and down the court so much, it is ridiculous and guys need to start getting benched for it. I would rather see guys act like they want to be in there. Props to Bubu and Mcgee for actually giving a xxxx and playing hard.

If they don't figure out how to find the open man on the press really quick we are screwed. we could have had so many 3 on 1 or 3 on 2 fast breaks out of the press if they would just look down the court.

If you can't beat iowa's crappy zone defense we are in trouble. Reverse the ball and use the baseline!

Can't believe we suck so bad at free throws.

I know Fred is trying to teach these guys this stuff, and I think he probably figured they would already know it since they should have learned it in high school, but Cmon Man.

If you are going to suck at all these crucial phases of the game, you should at least hustle! Hate seeing them just mope around. It drives me crazy. Good thing it was Iowa we were playing because other teams are going to convert 4 on 1 and 3 on 2 fast breaks every time.

I hope to see Fred keep shaking up the lineup because right now we have to many content guys playing half a**.

Hope to see some Hustle and Go State!

Yea what you said here might just be a tad bit overblown. Take a few deep breaths everything is going to be okay :smile:

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
It'd be very close. Look at Colorado last year.

11-4 non-conference
10-9 conference (counting B12 tournament)

I think we would need 22 wins including the conf. tourney to have a real shot. Assuming 10-3 non-con (which is fair to say), we would probably need to go 10-8 in conference play to have a real shot at it in the Big 12 tourney and win two. 22-12 might sneak us in.