*** Official IOWA STATE vs Cincinnati Game(Day) Thread ***

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
I didn’t mind them today, better than some of the crews past two years for sure. They seemed to actually know and care about some ISU info.
I greatly enjoyed this broadcast crew! They were unbiased and knowledgeable about both teams. One of them made a Dwayne Crutchfield reference - a significant percentage of posters on this board never saw Crutchfield play!

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Damn, we went on the road, won by 20 and people are saying we could have done more. Since when is ISU Alabama or Georgia?
Sure we could have had touchdowns instead of field goals, check out how young ISU is, it takes time to learn how to win. Rocco was expected to be holding a clip board this year, and fight it out for the job in a year or two, instead he was thrown into the fire. Instead of crumbling, he is getting better, does he still make mistakes, sure he is a red shirt freshman, young QB's make mistakes, they rush throws, but they learn from it.

Rocco ran the ball today and we were throwing down the field, look how much at opened it up, we are getting there. We could have folded after the Ohio loss like we did last season, this team is getting better every time we are on the field.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
I think ISU can play about like today and find three more wins.

The schedule is not a gauntlet.
Agree, I feel we can get to 7 wins. We seem to be getting better every game.

The tough thing is 3 road games and our 2 home games are against the 2 highest ranked teams left on our schedule.

• Agree
Reactions: CascadeClone

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Agree, I feel we can get to 7 wins. We seem to be getting better every game.

The tough thing is 3 road games and our 2 home games are against the 2 highest ranked teams left on our schedule.

UT is the only one that I'd mark as a sure L but otoh let's see if Sark has actually gotten UT in the right frame of mind.

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
UT is the only one that I'd mark as a sure L but otoh let's see if Sark has actually gotten UT in the right frame of mind.

Agreed, with how we’re playing now, Texas is the only one that we lose. All the others left are winnable.

• Optimistic
Reactions: ICCYFAN

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Can I just say how helpful it is to finally be decent at special teams play? A huge help to have a quality placekicker, dude had a couple of hiccups early in September but otherwise has been nailz.
ST's has been very goot! Refreshing for a change. Kudos to the coaches and especially coach Langs!

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Hard to believe we have only 2 home games left... and both are against ranked teams. Dare I say we have a chance to win out?
Yeah, really miss the extra home game. I've not really thought about it too much, other than this year.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Fake field goal and a couple of situational fourth down conversations.

The coaches have confidence in these guys which is incredible considering where they were a month ago.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Entirely different taste than what you’d consider chili. It’s heavy on the warm/sweet spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, and clove…and it’s delicious.
Cool. Thx. Everybody here, almost, seems to not like it too much. LOL

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Correct. Expect to beat KU at home. Losing at home to KU would be quite bad.
Apart from our next game (the next game is the biggest game), the KU game is circled and we will pull out all the stops to win that one. It's our second to last home game and every home game is extra big this year.

That said, who doesn't want to beat Baylor?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron