*** Official IOWA STATE Vs #16 Auburn Game(Day) Thread ***

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Hanging with them on the boards, only 4 TOs. Only reasons why behind is AU having 6 different guys make 3s (and no, they weren't all wide open) and our typical pitiful shooting. Effect of coaching is negligible.
I say this every game -- this is a completely different team if they shot outside at an average level. They'd have 3-4 more wins on that alone.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
But there both white and play basketball at Iowa State, how can they not be the same? Good god it’s like a disease with some people.
No it's about confidence sometimes. Matt openly admitted he had confidence issues at ISU his first year.
It has squat to do with being white and its kinda sad you took that angle.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
17% on the season as of right now. (19% coming into today)

He's made 5 all season: 3 in the first 2 games, 1 in the loss to seton hall, one in the loss to KU.

Nix-O-meter slightly greater than the Grill-O-meter at 0.170. I think Shawn Dunston could shoot better than these two....and I could have told you that even after the Alabama game which I think we won.

• Funny
Reactions: Inthesystem

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
That is exactly what we have to do, pass up good 3 point shots to try and find an even better shot.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Caleb Grill is one of the worst most uninspiring players I’ve ever watched on an Iowa State team.

Couldn't disagree more. The kid is a true freshman that is still trying to find his way. I still think he'll develop into a good player for us.

At least he's out there hustling his rear end off.... wish the same could be said of Nixon.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I say this every game -- this is a completely different team if they shot outside at an average level. They'd have 3-4 more wins on that alone.

But.. they don't, and it doesnt seem like we have adjusted for that. If you're a bad 3 point shooting team, you probably want to play a bit different than if you're a team that shoots the lights out. We've actually shot more 3s through 18 games this year than last year.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron