*** Official IOWA STATE Vs #16 Auburn Game(Day) Thread ***

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
No it's about confidence sometimes. Matt openly admitted he had confidence issues at ISU his first year.
It has squat to do with being white and its kinda sad you took that angle.

Yea but Matt was a decent player for a frosh, he was only really "disappointing" bc he was so highly regarded as a shooter coming out of HS. He was a good enough all around player to get by and earn minutes. Grill is a great athlete who, probably for the first time in his life is focusing solely on being a basketball player. The game just looks way to fast for him right now.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyfanisu

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
We might as well start hard-fouling 3 shooters in the beginning of every game, hoping it ruins their shots the rest of the day.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Yea but Matt was a decent player for a frosh, he was only really "disappointing" bc he was so highly regarded as a shooter coming out of HS. He was a good enough all around player to get by and earn minutes. Grill is a great athlete who, probably for the first time in his life is focusing solely on being a basketball player. The game just looks way to fast for him right now.
People forget Matt struggled mentally. There were articles written about it.
I think the game will slow down for Caleb sometime and he'll be fine.

It has squat to do with being white.

• Agree
Reactions: heitclone

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
No it's about confidence sometimes. Matt openly admitted he had confidence issues at ISU his first year.
It has squat to do with being white and its kinda sad you took that angle.
The first 3 Grill made this year I had someone behind me yelled to a friend a section away “what did I tell you, that’s the next Matt Thomas.” No way he took any time to come up with that comp because Grill played a total of 5 minutes in an Iowa State jersey. The comparison annoyed me ever since.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Either these guys are coached to make horrible decisions (like launching 3's constantly early in the shot clock), or they just don't listen at all to Prohm.... one or the other.

Seeing as though they never get benched for making these stupid decisions, Prohm must like them IMO.

Also, Bolton being in foul trouble is almost all on Prohm as well. He shouldn't have been in the game with 2 mins left in the 1st half with 2 fouls. That's when he got nailed for his 3rd.

• Agree
Reactions: Go2Guy and Cyfanisu

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
But.. they don't, and it doesnt seem like we have adjusted for that. If you're a bad 3 point shooting team, you probably want to play a bit different than if you're a team that shoots the lights out. We've actually shot more 3s through 18 games this year than last year.
It's purely a philosophy problem at that point. Do you hope your guys shoot themselves back to normal, or risk fully killing their confidence by red-lighting them and removing the potential outside threat from your game?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
The first 3 Grill made this year I had someone behind me yelled to a friend a section away “what did I tell you, that’s the next Matt Thomas.” No way he took any time to come up with that comp because Grill played a total of 5 minutes in an Iowa State jersey. The comparison annoyed me ever since.
So because of that, and you not saying anything to that person about it, you're going to play the race card on me when I've compared the two of them mentally.

That's actually something that's annoying.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Dakitch is 100% right. Just because we aren’t a good 3 point shooting team, doesn’t mean we need to constantly shoot a ton of 3s. Unfortunately our own coach doesn’t know it.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I don't like Dakich, but he's dead right..... DRIVE, DRIVE, DRIVE!!!

We cannot shoot the ball.... period! Those last two buckets showed what can happen when you just drive it. Quit being lazy and jacking up 3's dammitt!

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
Chizek's getting a little conservative. Hopefully Campbell keeps the same lineup out there.

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
So, are you supposed to guard a 31% 3 point shooting team 4 ton5 feet outside the line? Especially when their game is as slashing and dumping to bugs this year? They are shooting uncharacteristically out of their f' n minds. Not a lot you can do there. Other parts if the game, yes, but letting them hit from 5 feet outside th ed 3 point line is acceptable risk. You cant guard everything folks.

• Disagree
  • Agree
Reactions: NENick and Final42b

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron