*** Official IOWA STATE VS #15 Kansas State Big 12 Tournament Game(Day) Thread ***

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Am i the only one who is 100% convinced that dean wade is gonna play. Because that's what injured players do against us.

He got off the bus yesterday on crutches, and this game has zero relevance to KSU, so I'd give it about a 1% chance of happening. Would be a colossal mistake if he did.

ChickenNuggetMan

Drinks beer with CycloneLarry69
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 24, 2017
Minneapolis
Definitely need the defensive intensity tonight, I don’t see us shooting >50% from 3 multiple games in a row. Looks like they’ve fixed whatever team issues they’ve been having though, so I’m feeling a win tonight.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Iowa State -2.5 is the bet. Same result as yesterday. Double digit win as they shoot lights out and KSU struggles without Wade.

I’m predicting about a 5-7 point win. We’ll have the upper hand w/o Wade, but Brown and Stokes will have good games. Mawien usually plays well against us too.

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
iowastDESTRUCTION.0.gif

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
For some reason, I thought Brown was sitting the B12 tourney out. Is that not right?

clonedlion

Feb 28, 2013
I’m predicting about a 5-7 point win. We’ll have the upper hand w/o Wade, but Brown and Stokes will have good games. Mawien usually plays well against us too.
I don't like that Diarra is back, but I think this is simple as everyone thinks. When Iowa State makes shots, tough to beat. Plus, KSU beat KU and won the reg season. Bet ISU cares a lot more about this game. You're right, no Wade helps quite a bit.

cycart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2012
Johnston, IA
I don't like that Diarra is back, but I think this is simple as everyone thinks. When Iowa State makes shots, tough to beat. Plus, KSU beat KU and won the reg season. Bet ISU cares a lot more about this game. You're right, no Wade helps quite a bit.
Diarra played 29 minutes yesterday

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Carti being back makes a significant impact on both sides but does not cover for Wade being out. However, since ISU plays small ball, his impact is probably greater here than say against Ku when they go big. How Weber matches up against ISU's shooters will be most interesting for me. I'd guess Brown takes on THT. Sneed will guard Shayok.

ISU favored by 3. (Irony)

Last edited:

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Carti being back makes a significant impact on both sides but does not cover for Wade being out. However, since ISU plays small ball, his impact is probably greater here than say against Ku when they go big. How Weber matches up against ISU's shooters will be most interesting for me. I'd guess Brown takes on THT. Sneed will guard Shayok.

ISU favored by 3. (Irony)

So what did you find funny about my post? ISU took care of Baylor with basically no contribution from Lard or Conditt. I understand they aren't going to shoot like that every time, but they were focused.

clonedlion

Feb 28, 2013
I know. He scares me more than anyone on their team. However, I think the loss of Wade and the fact they already won reg season means Iowa State has more motivation and will be able to explot a Wade-less team.

cycart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2012
Johnston, IA
I know. He scares me more than anyone on their team. However, I think the loss of Wade and the fact they already won reg season means Iowa State has more motivation and will be able to explot a Wade-less team.
Totally misread your quote. Read it as I don't think that Diarra is back. I agree he can be huge wild card for them.

Help Support Us

Become a patron