*** Official IOWA STATE Vs #14 Wisconsin Game(Day) Thread ***

DrShip

Dec 30, 2013
Rio, WI
Would love a victory today so I can talk smack to my coworkers here in Buckyland. Anything to blow a hole in the 'BIG is so great' narrative. Hopefully the offense can make some buckets, it's not like we'll be playing the defensive caliber we're used to.

Went on Friday and the Bucky fans around me were class acts (one guy was an ass, but what do you do) and pretty knowledgeable about basketball. Girlfriend who is a Wiscy native is cheering for the Badgers today, so I'll have to find a new one.

An LSU guy a couple rows in front had a 'Win for Wade' sign no one thought highly of. Cheaters can kick rocks.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
Think we can win but I'm going into this one with the idea that this will be the last game of our year to try and appreciate the team and this season as much as possible before it ends. No matter what happens this season is an undeniable success.

With all that being said, I really want to KO a Big 10 team today and going on to the Sweet 16. Auburn hasn't been playing their best ball and Miami isn't a team that scares me either. Lets do this.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Would love a victory today so I can talk smack to my coworkers here in Buckyland. Anything to blow a hole in the 'BIG is so great' narrative. Hopefully the offense can make some buckets, it's not like we'll be playing the defensive caliber we're used to.

Went on Friday and the Bucky fans around me were class acts (one guy was an ass, but what do you do) and pretty knowledgeable about basketball. Girlfriend who is a Wiscy native is cheering for the Badgers today, so I'll have to find a new one.

An LSU guy a couple rows in front had a 'Win for Wade' sign no one thought highly of. Cheaters can kick rocks.

With Houston and Villanova curb stomping their Big Ten opponents......the verdict is already out. And a win by the Big Ten's champ over the Big Twelve's 6th place team isn't going to change any minds. Especially on a de facto home court for Wisconsin.

However, we win and the narrative for the Big Ten goes from bad to terrible. Which probably isn't fair to ISU, but who cares.........see you Friday in the sweet 16.

Reactions: exCYtable

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
The Cyclones will play fast and easy. Threes will rain down. Tyrese with four, Caleb with five, Jaz with three, and IZB with three.
With the refs letting them play so far in the tourney, ramp up the pressure and traps.

Iowa State 69 Bucky 60

If ISU hits 3s like that they'll win by way more than 9 because that's when the dunks happen.

I don't think they do but hopefully better than Friday. WI wasn't great the ither night either on offense so they'll be looking to tighten up tonight.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
I really liked the confidence the team showed right from the tip vs LSU Friday. Felt like the defense and rebounding we saw was the same as in the non-con. I think the staff wanted the team to forget the B12 lackluster end and treat the tourney as a whole new season. Play that same way and I like our chances tonight. The pressure should be on UW (higher seed and local venue) and I thought they did play tight vs Colgate and I hope that carries over.
Play loose/fast, win the turnover battle, get the rebounds and advance.

Lets! Go!! State!!!

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I'm also expecting Hepburn to be key tonight and the one with the chip on the shoulder...seems like Hunter's been getting more pub.

Hunter even said he didn't grow up a Bucky fan in one CF article.

Hepburn is very good too and plays a solid role with having 3 legit offensive threats to defer to.

SerenityNow

Dec 4, 2009
Central Iowa
hulk-throws.gif
OMG, I laughed so hard at this. Well done!

Reactions: t-noah

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
Gabe Kalscheur last season @Wisconsin:
MIN: 36
FG: 4-12
FG%: 33.3
3PT: 3-10
3P%: 30.0
FT: 4-5
FT%: 80.0
REB: 7
AST: 2
BLK: 0
STL: 0
PF: 0
TO: 3
PTS: 15

So basically an average night for good Gabe, I think he'll play well.
If he takes 10 threes it's going to be a long night.

Reactions: xboxfever

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Big 10 benefitted from some generous seeding and still generally looked like **** in their first round wins

Hopefully that big 10 narrative dies today

*beat each other up because Penn State defense*