*** Official IOWA STATE vs #10 Baylor Game(Day) Thread ***

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I wouldn't say it didn't matter. That's three wins against a top-3 seed in the NCAA Tournament, including on the road and neutral.

For sure. I’ve just seen plenty of us post things like it would be nice for them to get rest etc.

I just really wanted the players to get a chance to really experience the Big 12 tournament. In some ways it might be more fun for them than the ncaa since they will be surrounded by fans.

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
He chooses to be miserable to cope with stress I guess.

If this is directed at me, it's hilarious. The same 5 idiots go through threads and comment on any 'negative' comment made while completely ignoring positive comments. Veloclown literally goes through threads to quote or 'dumb' a negative comment. Not once has he ever responded or tagged a positive comment.

Pretty pathetic to go through message board posts simply to cherry pick comments. It's comical.

EvilBetty

Sep 7, 2012
But I think Baylor will rest up & could flat out destroy a couple teams on the way to the Sweet 16
their defense is horrible though. will depend on matchups. they can knock down ft though, which I'm jealous of and it will benefit them in any close game.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Also did John walters not do the game on the radio? I just turned it on and the women’s guy is on.

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
For sure. I’ve just seen plenty of us post things like it would be nice for them to get rest etc.

I just really wanted the players to get a chance to really experience the Big 12 tournament. In some ways it might be more fun for them than the ncaa since they will be surrounded by fans.

I would have leaned toward 'rest' if we finished the year well and had consistently hit on all cylinders. Right now it's more important to get/stay on track, gain confidence, and re-establish seeding.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
It really is a problem and it's not just lacking 'ball handlers'. Several times it's like guys aren't even paying attention, with teams showing press and guys have to come back from midcourt. We are also slow making 'the first move'. The worst things you can do against the press is holding the ball or hugging the sideline. Several times Jaz should have taken a dribble or two, then gotten rid of the ball immediately.

Our MO seems to be 'wait until we are trapped' before doing something. It's maddening to watch.

We actually do a pretty solid job breaking presses.

MR82

Sep 12, 2021

Outside chance that if they win this tournament Des Moines could become reality.

Reactions: exCYtable

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Unacceptable giving up a last second three pointer in waco, at the end of the half today, and the end of the game today. Haha, I'll let it slide.
Not sure what the heck they were doing out there at the end. It looked like we thought there was 1.5 seconds left instead of 12. Shouldn't have hurt anyone betting, but I am sure TJ had a few choice words for losing focus at the end.

Help Support Us

Become a patron