*** Official IOWA STATE vs #1 North Carolina Game(Day) Thread ***

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
It is alarming that West Virginia had nothing to play for either and beat OK State in Stillwater. Yet, Iowa State mailed it in. This program is trending in the wrong direction quickly.

****! We beat the #1 team and we're still trending in the wrong direction.

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
The impression I had with Lipsey so far this season is that he is a consummate team player. I never had that impression with Hunter.
The impression I have of Lipsey is 1) he is a very good athlete, 2) he is young and will make mistakes and 3) has a heck of a nose for going where the ball will be and making plays you might not expect out of a F PG when he gets his hands on the ball in those situations.

Looking forward to seeing him on our team for a few years here.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Holmes reminds me alot of DeAndre Kane, guy is a baller.

Lipsey is Hunter without the poor shooting and drama. It will be exciting to watch him the next few years become the floor General for the offensive talent we have coming in next year.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Holmes reminds me alot of DeAndre Kane, guy is a baller.

Lipsey is Hunter without the poor shooting and drama. It will be exciting to watch him the next few years become the floor General for the offensive talent we have coming in next year.
Excited for Lipsey too, but why trash Hunter (who was 3 for 6 from 'three' last night by the way) averaging around 20 pts. I think we'd take that out of our point guard. No assists, tho. So....is UT playing him as a 2-guard??
Meanwhile...back to Lipsey. Like his composure so far. Seems like a great passer. Hopefully points will come in time.

CloneSt8

Aug 1, 2011
Rewatching the ISU-North Carolina game and the announcers are so obviously pro NC in the they are repetitively talking about the Cyclones "selling" the charge when the Cyclones take a charge - like they are flopping - which they are not. But do not use the same language for NC. Talking about how they don't like the "charge fest".

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron