*** Official IOWA STATE vs #1 North Carolina Game(Day) Thread ***

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Yeah, I'm thinking he probably played one of the best 2 or 3 defenses they'll play this year. Maybe got lucky Osun got in some foul trouble and King isn't eligible yet.

Certainly most ACC defenses are going to be total dog*hit compared to ISU.
Virginia plays defense, not ISU level but respectable ;)

• Agree
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Last year that weave would sometimes lead to lazy passes getting picked off. So far this year the cuts are hard, passes so crisp. It was really sharp yesterday.
Jaren is such a force on this offense. He didn't show up in the stat sheet in this game but what he does to soften up the defense, his physicality and toughness and how he runs the team are something we didn't have last year, at least not at this level

No ill will to Tyrese but I think this team is better with Jaren and not sure we get him if Tyrese doesn't depart.

Reactions: NENick

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Jaren is such a force on this offense. He didn't show up in the stat sheet in this game but what he does to soften up the defense, his physicality and toughness and how he runs the team are something we didn't have last year, at least not at this level

No ill will to Tyrese but I think this team is better with Jaren and not sure we get him if Tyrese doesn't depart.
He had 22 points.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Last year that weave would sometimes lead to lazy passes getting picked off. So far this year the cuts are hard, passes so crisp. It was really sharp yesterday.

Late in the game when everybody had to be gassed that weave was moving so fast I could hardly believe it

Pharmacy99

Feb 7, 2013

I agree 100%. I never thought Hunter was a good PG. He is turnover prone and not a great passer.

• Agree
Reactions: CYDJ and CycloneVet

WIB

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2010
Ames
Having a King, Ward, Kunc, Jones and Osun as a 5 man 4/5 rotation will give so much depth and versatility.
Has anyone heard any intel on King? Usually we hear how they are doing in practice and strengths / weaknesses. Don’t remember seeing anything on Tre since he got here.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Late in the game when everybody had to be gassed that weave was moving so fast I could hardly believe it
Otz and this staff are incredible, and it’s clear it takes a special type of player to do what they demand.

It clearly looks genius now, but even last year when a lot of fans didn’t really understand Rob as part of the rotation, it seemed pretty obvious what it meant. The message is TJ demands elite effort every day, every game and practice. He’s going to reward that. It may be 2 mins, it may be 20, but if you make practice elite, it will be rewarded. TJ appears to be the rare coach that actually lives up to the coach speak. That often means fans complaining about guys playing or not playing (see Lard, Cam).

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
That was a great win for TJ and the program. Not sure UNC is the best team in the country or if Grill will ever go off like that again in his career, but it is impossible to not be impressed with what we saw last night. Those guys gave everything they had every time they were on the floor. I thought a couple guys were going to foul out before the half the way the game started. It is so nice to see that there are several bigs that can go in there and defend.

Reactions: NWICY and xboxfever

bustamoveisu

Sep 8, 2012
Has anyone heard any intel on King? Usually we hear how they are doing in practice and strengths / weaknesses. Don’t remember seeing anything on Tre since he got here.
Word out of the SUKUP is they call him Tre KIng James. He scored 25 pts and grabbed 13 rebounds in OT loss to Xavier early in the 20-21 season....so I think there is potential...

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron