***** Official Friday Confessions Thread *****

LegendofRodA

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 15, 2011
Des Moines
Actually got those at Marshalls. Get all my Puma stuff over there. I swear I buy a 3-pack of them every few weeks. Love new socks.

They also sell them in a six-pack at TJ Maxx. I wanna say $10, but sounds really cheap.

Confession - that is the first time I have ever typed "TJ Maxx" in my life.

mac4cy

Jul 16, 2009
Urbandale
I confess that my wife and I took a midnight swim in our pool last night. And lets just say that there were a couple full moons last night.

CycloneNorth

Mar 29, 2010
Nashville, TN
Yesterday I had the best moment of my summer. The guy working the register at Taco Bell knew me and was able to guess my order. If I ever open a fast food restaurant, I probably won't but if I did it would be a White Castle in the old TBell location, I am hiring that kid and doubling his salary.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
I have been more partial to UA socks, but I feel they are kind of pricey.

HKGKFIor8Vh-_EKHlu2-c-mCoHWIfyI4JMzSkkQol2w5FrkvqOpEqn9XA2R8eAtAqY7SDPqAXGLJoHt0gRBj6X6jVoqhxlP_Rj_29kHFGJ7jq3H72k3PwMk5G2aM35tSp2KfvsrJVZr2-X8NoOsWP_H4J70ytM2N2MNIQbHMIAs=s220-c

I have gotten my at Dicks for around $20 for a 6 pack.

What is the benefit of UA? Do they wick or something?

optimuslott

Sep 3, 2011
Ames, IA
Confession 1 - I may have just sent my boss an email saying I plan on doing little to no work today.

Can't wait to see the reply.

Confession 2 - Someone next to me has a microwave in their cubicle and they cook the nastiest smelling crap in it. I noticed the switch to the surge protector going into their cubicle is on my side so I switched it off. Good luck eating your stink bombs now Captain Smelly Food McDoucher.

CyOps

Jul 12, 2010
Lincoln
Which of these socks are best in a situation where you are away from civilization and need to have a BM?

longtimeclone

Dec 8, 2009
Up north

They are some of the most comfortable socks I have every owned. They still feel pretty soft(like out of the package) for about a month. I thought the elastic also stayed pretty tight for at least a year and I don't think I have put in any holes in them either.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
I beat the **** out of socks. I think I must have bony soles or something. My oldest son does the same thing.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Which of these socks are best in a situation where you are away from civilization and need to have a BM?

I bet a good dress argyle would feel like heaven.

TruClone

Mar 25, 2009
Quad Cities
I weighed myself this morning. Between a big BBQ last weekend and gorging myself at fireworks Tuesday night and all day Wednesday I have gained 5 pounds since last Friday.

And before anyone asks this was even after the morning dump to try to shave some pounds off before the scale.

I weighed myself this morning before the morning dump and then after. I was very disappointed that there was no weight loss.:realmad:

longtimeclone

Dec 8, 2009
Up north
I confess that my wife and I took a midnight swim in our pool last night. And lets just say that there were a couple full moons last night.

Congrats

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Am_Ljw1SmU]studio audience applause sound FX - YouTube[/ame]

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
Yesterday I had the best moment of my summer. The guy working the register at Taco Bell knew me and was able to guess my order. If I ever open a fast food restaurant, I probably won't but if I did it would be a White Castle in the old TBell location, I am hiring that kid and doubling his salary.

make+it+so_2.jpg

dtISU

Nov 17, 2010
A suburb of Ames
They are worn by self indulgent weiners. Now, if you were wearing a 1967 275 GTB four-cam... sock, You would not be a self-indulgent wiener, sir... You'd be a connoisseur.

Can't believe no one is biting on the weiner comments (pun intended).

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere

I mainly wear UA socks as well. To me the main benefit is that they are mainly synthetic fibers that don't get all stretched out and bunch up in your shoes like the good old cotton socks do. And as others have said they stay soft and tight fitting forever.

I'm to the point anymore I don't buy many cotton clothes except for jeans and khakis. To me the wicking clothes are just 10 times more comfortable to wear, last longer, keep me cooler in summer, and are just as warm in the winter.