*** Official Emporia St. Vs IOWA STATE Gameday Thread ***

cyclone101

Oct 19, 2009
Dez Moinz
Public Service Announcement:

If the fan in section 210, row 11 is reading this thread you might want to look at the schedule and realize we played an exhibition game that didn't count tonight. You were getting WAAAAYYYYYYYY to worked up and frustrated in the first 5 minutes of that game.

On a positive note my wife thanks you for leaving 7 minutes into the game so she could actually enjoy the game without all your negative commentary.
If he comes back for the next game, tell him 101 will use his tickets if he doesn't want them anymore.

As for the team... I'm nowhere near worried. We'll improve every week and by mid February we'll have a nice little team.

Playboi Carti

May 7, 2017
I do have a legitimate gripe in regards to the parking situation.

Why the hell do I need a permit to park across the street in the Jack Trice parking lot this year?!?!?!?!

That has always been my go to parking spot because I hate parking in the Hilton lots (despite having a parking pass).
I don't get why anyone would pay to park there. It's almost a 10 minute walk

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017
K-State had a couple bigs sitting but neither an expected 'contributor.' Dean Wade had 20 and 10 in a little over 20 minutes. It was Emporia's first game, State's third, and that was more than a little apparent. I wouldn't take anything from the comparative, zero.
I'm only seeing two exhibitions on K-State's schedule. I'm not saying they didn't play three, I'm just curious because I thought NCAA regs only allowed two.

ISUMojoMan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 2, 2010
Does it matter how many games we win? We win the big 12 tourney and we’re guaranteed the automatic bid right? Prohm will have them ready by then!

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Prohm's lost the team. Season's over.

So, you are saying Rhoads and.....

Tank-of-Empty-2.jpg

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I don't get why anyone would pay to park there. It's almost a 10 minute walk

I have never had to pay to park there before (And I'm not going to pay this, year I'll just use the parking pass tat came with season tickets). We didn't mind the walk because we were able to get out of that lot with no delay. So even with the walk the total time to get out was faster.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
It is probably going to be a rough season. Not that the players are bad, but they are young, too few and have not played together. Also there is a shortage of shooters on this team, and that will change the way they need to play. Not a lot that Prohm can do about the guys that bailed out on his class last year. Still think this team will have a few surprise wins, because Prohm is a very good coach and will simply find a way to make this a better team.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
This team will build fundamentals and mentality throughout the year, but the shooting probably is what it is. Hopefully Weiler-Babb, Beverly, Lewis and maybe the bigs can chip in a little from outside once the little things get hammered down. Wigginton will have better shooting games. Gotta improve quick so we aren't ambushed by LeBron 2.0.
You're not talking about Nicholas Baer are you?

• Funny
Reactions: Cyclonepride

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
tough to get a ton from an exhibition but my takeaways were:

-I liked NWB running the point, our guards will be competitive against everyone we face.
-3pt shooting will be an issue, hopefully Lewis helps with that, otherwise, this team will rely on getting the line to generate offense, especially when DJ is not on the floor.

- Jakolby Long should see more time than we thought. His length and size will get him on the floor. He does a lot of things well, he's like a bigger, less athletic NWB. I'll be interested to see if he can hold his own defensively against 4's like we saw NWB do at times last year. If so, his minutes will go up. That will be what separates he and Beverly.

- Tough to say a lot about Young, pretty rough game for him. Shows how important Lard and Brase are going to be for nights like these. Talley, Long and Beverly in the frontcourt won't hold up in the big 12.

- Overall, this is going to be a totally different type of team than we've gotten used to at ISU. You could argue its the most athletic we've seen since the Hoibuild. One lineup Prohm went with last night had NWB, LW, Long,Talley and Young. That's a lot of length and 4 guys capable of scoring off the dribble, especially due to the mismatches it can create.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Sounds like the most common comment from those at the game was the lackluster performance by Solo. The big guy should have dominated this type of opponent. I think he is the key (Jackson is a given) to us having a good year. Hoping it was just one bad night for him and he goes the next level.

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
I saw Hines say on Twitter that we had a walk-on quit earlier this year, so I guess it was him?
Yeah I just saw that tweet. Kind of interesting. I will say it's not a huge deal but not using any walk on spots is not something I'm a fan of.

• Agree
Reactions: MartinCy

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
It's kind of odd, but it's a little refreshing to have a team with little expectations. The last 4 years or so have been a great ride, but it took years off my life. It may be kind of nice to have a year to just watch a team develop with low expectations.

ClonesFTW

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
I do have a legitimate gripe in regards to the parking situation.

Why the hell do I need a permit to park across the street in the Jack Trice parking lot this year?!?!?!?!

This nearly deserves a thread on its own. I had the same question for the kid in a vest who stopped me as I pulled into the lot. He didn’t even know where to direct me so he ended up just letting me park there.

Help Support Us

Become a patron