****Official Class of 2022 Recruiting Thread****

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
You can just tell Tamin is going to be big time fan favorite. Home town kid who plays with that junkyard dog mentality. Not the biggest or most athletic, but he's going to get after it defensively and be a great lead guard who doesn't need 10-15 shots a game to dictate things.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I have complete faith in TJ to evaluate talent, but boy he doesn't look very explosive in that video. Seems to me alot of the shots he took in that game aren't going to work against bigger, stronger Big 12 competition.
That’s not a great video to analyze his explosiveness, but he’s pretty damn athletic. He’s not on Tyrese Hunter’s level as far as leaping ability, but he’s stronger than Tyrese was.

He’s going to be crafty. As someone said like a Chris Paul. Chris doesn’t wow anyone with athleticism but his creativity to score and create for others is where he’s great.

Remember Juwan Evans from Oklahoma State? He’d be a good comparison imo. Small, crafty, plays below the rim but can finish well, and was a great passer and teammate.

Reactions: exCYtable

JVAR

Mar 27, 2006
Eagle Grove, IA
Wow Eli King just hit a sick jumper under 10 seconds to have Caledonia upset Totino Grace. Was down 20 at half.

Watson impressed as well and had 4 3’s in the first half.

I bet Taison Chapman and Eli King was a good matchup! Thanks for posting that. Please post any more highlights if you see them. Do you know what the box score for King and Watson?

Jkclone15

Nov 19, 2017
Looked like Watson was guarding King on that possession, was that the case all night?

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
He’s literally listed as that on every recruiting service and Ames High lists him as 6’2”
Ok, was hoping for confirmation from someone that's seen him up close. Those listing aren't exactly certified. He's got a sturdy almost squatty build that may just make him look shorter.

Final42b

Jan 4, 2009
Ames
Ok, was hoping for confirmation from someone that's seen him up close. Those listing aren't exactly certified. He's got a sturdy almost squatty build that may just make him look shorter.

They might be off an inch or two but they aren’t going to be off 4-5” like some are suggesting. I do believe his build makes him look shorter

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I’ve stood next to him at a few AAU tournaments and in Hilton and he’s probably 6’1”. I’m 5’10 and I was looking up to him a bit.

Reactions: Final42b