****Official Class of 2022 Recruiting Thread****

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
Brockington is most likely gone.. right? Jaz coming back?

PG: Hunter, Lipsey, Jackson
G: Grill, Eli King
G/F: Jaz, Enaruna and Watson
C: Tre King and please only one of Conditt and Jones

That would mean 9 returning players and 4 scholarships open. Ideally, IB returns and you only have to fill 3.

Target a starting guard who is a proven shooter. You would need 2 if IB does not return.

WE NEED A CENTER WHO IS MORE DYNAMIC WITH THE BASKETBALL. Conditt and Jones at the high post is pathetic. I understand there are 350+ teams looking for that. But TJ needs to address 3 point shooting and center this off season.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Neptune78

Bubba Hubba

Dec 19, 2007

That would mean 9 returning players and 4 scholarships open. Ideally, IB returns and you only have to fill 3.

Target a starting guard who is a proven shooter. You would need 2 if IB does not return.

WE NEED A CENTER WHO IS MORE DYNAMIC WITH THE BASKETBALL. Conditt and Jones at the high post is pathetic. I understand there are 350+ teams looking for that. But TJ needs to address 3 point shooting and center this off season.

"Pathetic" is harsh. Conditt's assist numbers are good, and both are passing fairly well. But you're right insofar as neither is able to face the hoop and shoot a 15-footer. As a result defenses don't have to respect that and start to cheat.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018

That is the lineup of a last place team in the conference. They will need some good transfers to elevate them.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclad and huntt26

Jkclone15

Nov 19, 2017

No mention of Kalscheur at all? I think there's a decent chance he'd come back. He doesn't stand a chance at the G League if he doesn't fix his jumper. He could always try grad-transferring if he feels it best, but I would think there is enough incentive for him to stay in college one more year and improve his pro prospects, and why not here?

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
I find it highly unlikely Brockington comes back.

Not saying Otz can go find us another IB to replace him. But if you can get 75% of what IB gives you and replace Gabe with a 33% 3 point shooter. That's a MASSIVE net addition to the roster.

Increasing our 3 point shooting and getting Tre King and a compitant transfer big would be exactly what the 2021/22 team is lacking

#1 and #3 on this year's team for attempted 3 point shots are shooting 23.6% and 21.3%... As a team we are shooting 28% from 3 in conference play.. Get your top shooters to 30% and the team to 33.5% (that's middle of the pack in NCAAMB) and we are likely at least 19-6 right now and staring at a top 4 seed. This level of defense with average shooting is not a huge stretch of the imagination.

I'm bummed with our version of a Fran Fade.. But we have building blocks in-place. The most important being at PG.

This team has won 800% more games this year than Prohm's team did with similar talent. Would also love to see a full roster and not 3 open scholarships for an entire season.

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
No mention of Kalscheur at all? I think there's a decent chance he'd come back. He doesn't stand a chance at the G League if he doesn't fix his jumper. He could always try grad-transferring if he feels it best, but I would think there is enough incentive for him to stay in college one more year and improve his pro prospects, and why not here?

You can't bring back a 23.6% 3 point shooter to play 2 guard in the Big 12. Gabe's defense is good. But not good enough to overcome his horrible offensive game

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Grad, undergrad doesn't matter anymore. You get ONE instant play transfer in your career. GK used his to come to ISU. If he leaves, he sits out (unless he gets a waiver).

• Informative
Reactions: Jkclone15

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Zero chance we don't go after a transfer or two and this year should be a little easier to get us a transfer over last season. I mean we got some good players after winning two games the year before. We at least have a selling point now. Also, we have a sit out transfer. I think we will be alright next year. We need to add a big that does more than what we have now. We don't need a Keegan Murray but we could use a Jared Homan or Jackson Vroman type guy.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Not saying Otz can go find us another IB to replace him. But if you can get 75% of what IB gives you and replace Gabe with a 33% 3 point shooter. That's a MASSIVE net addition to the roster.

Increasing our 3 point shooting and getting Tre King and a compitant transfer big would be exactly what the 2021/22 team is lacking

#1 and #3 on this year's team for attempted 3 point shots are shooting 23.6% and 21.3%... As a team we are shooting 28% from 3 in conference play.. Get your top shooters to 30% and the team to 33.5% (that's middle of the pack in NCAAMB) and we are likely at least 19-6 right now and staring at a top 4 seed. This level of defense with average shooting is not a huge stretch of the imagination.

I'm bummed with our version of a Fran Fade.. But we have building blocks in-place. The most important being at PG.

This team has won 800% more games this year than Prohm's team did with similar talent. Would also love to see a full roster and not 3 open scholarships for an entire season.

Why do you think Tre King is going to make such a big impact?
I do agree that just adding adequate 3 point shooters would help the offense a lot. So many wide open threes that this team just bricks.

Reactions: cyclonehomer

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
He doesn't have pro prospects.

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Why do you think Tre King is going to make such a big impact?
I do agree that just adding adequate 3 point shooters would help the offense a lot. So many wide open threes that this team just bricks.

Conditt:

1644869487800.png

Tre King:

1644869500600.png

He's at least a threat to shoot a 3. His 2020/21 3% would be #5 on the current team. Much better athlete than anything we have at the 5

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Conditt:

View attachment 95594

Tre King:

View attachment 95595

He's at least a threat to shoot a 3. His 2020/21 3% would be #5 on the current team. Much better athlete than anything we have at the 5
He is a 27% 3 point shooter at a much lower level of competition. Maybe I will be wrong, but he looks like a decent bench piece to me on a good team. Not a starter in the Big 12. But Conditt and Jones really aren't either.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Homan: 10 year overseas pro
Vroman: cup in NBA and 9 years overseas

Yeah, that level of player is more than welcome.

Homan was a 2 star recruit who didn't blossom until he was mid junior year, then became a force
Vroman had to go to Juco and get offers out of Juco before he blossomed.

Reactions: qwerty

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Homan was a 2 star recruit who didn't blossom until he was mid junior year, then became a force
Vroman had to go to Juco and get offers out of Juco before he blossomed.
Good points. They arrived unheralded and unknown but when they left ISU, they were high level players.

Reactions: Drew0311

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
He is a 27% 3 point shooter at a much lower level of competition. Maybe I will be wrong, but he looks like a decent bench piece to me on a good team. Not a starter in the Big 12. But Conditt and Jones really aren't either.
He will start next season.

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011

Gabe K is a 32.4% career 3 point shooter... Tre would start right now and play 25 minutes a game. Having him at the top of the key to initiate this offense is so much more dynamic than Conditt and Jones..

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
Starting Line-up of Hunter, Gabe, Enaruna, King, and Conditt would be worse offensively and defensively than this years team. Agree with posts here about need for a big time transfer. Really need a 2/3 that can shoot to open things up.