****Official Class of 2022 Recruiting Thread****

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
We all need some Koolaid right now.

Nice athlete. Solid recruit.
I look good in my highlight films too.
The problem is - at his height he is not getting to the rim in the B12. He better be a great shooter, especially from 3. That is what we need. He might be, but I have not heard that part of his game touted.

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
Gabe K is a 32.4% career 3 point shooter... Tre would start right now and play 25 minutes a game. Having him at the top of the key to initiate this offense is so much more dynamic than Conditt and Jones..

since the 3 pt line moved back, Gabe shoots just under 29% from 3 and has regressed every year since being in college.

JVAR

Mar 27, 2006
Eagle Grove, IA
Nice athlete. Solid recruit.
I look good in my highlight films too.
The problem is - at his height he is not getting to the rim in the B12. He better be a great shooter, especially from 3. That is what we need. He might be, but I have not heard that part of his game touted.

A couple of posters have commented on Eli better be able to playD or he can’t do this in the B12. Highlights of him playing defense or defensive switches, etc are not available. I posted this because we all needed some Koolaide during our losing streak, at least I did. I am not saying this is going to be his highlight tape in the big 12. Eli is an amazing athlete, a hard worker, and has a good shot at being MN Player of the Year. He is a great recruit, but he may not even see the floor next year. At least for me, it’s fun watching him throw down dunks. He’s going to bring Hilton to their feet many times during his career with some breakaway dunks.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
That's scary.

It could be, but he has a much better handle and better body control than GC and RJ. And he can at least be a threat to shoot. Just adding those aspects into our current offense would be a boost over what we have.

In some of his game footage, he displayed a few nice moves both with his back to the basket and facing the basket. Hopefully, working with Green will refine some of the rough edges.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
I would not say anyone will start next year with the possibility of adding a few more transfers. Who is going to come back and use their covid year would be a big deal also. The only guaranteed starters next season will be Tyrese, Gabe, and Brockington. Not sure if Gabe or Brockington will be back next year so not even sure about that.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
It could be, but he has a much better handle and better body control than GC and RJ. And he can at least be a threat to shoot. Just adding those aspects into our current offense would be a boost over what we have.

In some of his game footage, he displayed a few nice moves both with his back to the basket and facing the basket. Hopefully, working with Green will refine some of the rough edges.
Yeah, but against way weaker competition. He hasn't face Big 12 competition night in and night out. He did have one good game against Xavier. But if you look at Eastern Kentucky as a program, they are probably a team in the mid 200's on average on KP. I have read Georgetown thought he was a solid addition that would give them some depth not a guy that was a starter. He also fouls a ton. Granted he may the best option at the 5 but he isn't a really a 5 except in a small ball lineup especially in a major conference.

nallen34

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 9, 2010
Ankeny, IA
since the 3 pt line moved back, Gabe shoots just under 29% from 3 and has regressed every year since being in college.

Exactly. Let's face it, Gabe isn't going to get back anywhere close to where he was his freshman and sophomore seasons. He is what he is, which is a bad high volume 24% 3 point shooter. Usually players get better the further into their career they go. He just gets worse and worse every season.

• Agree
Reactions: clone4life82

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
Exactly. Let's face it, Gabe isn't going to get back anywhere close to where he was his freshman and sophomore seasons. He is what he is, which is a bad high volume 24% 3 point shooter. Usually players get better the further into their career they go. He just gets worse and worse every season.

I think with maybe the right cast around him he could be a high 20% three point shooter but ultimately that wouldn’t be good for ISU. Not saying he doesn’t have value to ISU this year or next should he choose to stick around. Just that he needs to focus his skills somewhere else.

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
Any chance Enaruna knows Malevy Leons from Bradley? Can we get him to transfer in for his senior season? He went for 21/9 on Saturday

Averaging 10/6, from the Netherlands and is a 6'9" 210# stretch forward who shoots 38.5% from 3 (just over 3 attempts/game). I'd LOVE to have guy like Leons to pair with Jaz and King at the 5. That SIGNIFICANTLY strengthens our flexibility on offense having a 5 who can stretch. Would be a Jaz clone if he doesn't return for 2022/23.

Our best lineup on Saturday against OU was Hunter, Grill, Kalscheur, IB and Jaz. It's a weak lineup against a bigger team. But imagine taking Gabe off and adding another 6'8+ forward who is a real threat from deep!

That lineup has flexibility on defense to switch and all are offensive threats...

A guy can dream

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
I think he'll be able to ball at this level. Not sure how soon though. That level of competition in this video is definitely not the greatest testament to how things will translate.
No kidding....after watching mostly all college ball, it really is shocking to see a high school game on video and realize how big a step most players have to make to play high major ball.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
No kidding....after watching mostly all college ball, it really is shocking to see a high school game on video and realize how big a step most players have to make to play high major ball.

Yeah but all these guys have played major competition at the AAU circuit. That is when the coaches see them. When they are playing the top level of guys.

Reactions: Hayes30

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Anyone know if we would be interested or if we have enough recruits coming in already and need a proven transfer instead?

Bringing in a couple guys who can start immediately is the priority. Even if those guys only have a year of eligibility remaining.

I expect a lot of new faces on next year's team- at least 7 new guys (not including Tre King). I would prefer TJ build the roster by going after HS kids who become available because of coaching changes or after transfers with 2 or 3 years eligibility.

Jefferson seems like the kind of kid we need- taller, playmaking guard. He had solid rebounding and assist stats to go with over 20ppg.

Reactions: legi

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron