****Official Class of 2022 Recruiting Thread****

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Starting off 2022 all things recruiting thread with Ames own Lipsey.

@MatthewBain_ Just spoke with Tamin Lipsey (@TaminLipsey) for a story you'll see soon. Other than the Iowa State offer, the Ames 2022 PG has Iowa and Michigan interest, and he's filled out questionnaires from North Carolina and Tulane.
Plenty more schools have him on their radars, too.

https://247sports.com/Player/Tamin-Lipsey-46057003/

If this is Tamin in June, 2018, this is right after his 8th grade. Pretty darn good payer for an 8th grader!

As his knee gets better this summer he is going to really excel again. Kid can ball!

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
Probably at least 2 more spots will open for the 2022 class.. Amazing that we already have PG and combo guard filled!

Karaban is obviously the staffs #1 priority. IMG will make that nearly impossible.. Would love him and a long Wing or stretch post to fill out the class

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
PF Josh Ola-Joseph is a new interest of the Staff. TJ wasn't kidding when he said he wants to blanket IA/MN/WI.

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
PF Josh Ola-Joseph is a new interest of the Staff. TJ wasn't kidding when he said he wants to blanket IA/MN/WI.

The talent in the 2022 class in Minnesota is insane. There’s like 15 guys who could go high major.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
BTw, remember that conversation about our all time highest ranked recruits, after 247 said their rankings we “capped”, and Tyrese was locked in finishing at #37?

Well, Rivals’ final rankings are set to come out this week, so Tyrese’s Composite could still see one more bump—and, after this weekend, probably will.

This is about the '22 class. Please stay on topic.

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
DM Register Hour on KXNO last night had a bit with Matt Bain. He mentioned the staff is looking at 3 names for 2022

Known offers/serious interest:
Anthony Black - Connections to the father via Milwaukee and Indian Hills JUCO (where D-Rob played)

Alex Karaban - Been discussed for awhile now (IMG news still stinks)

They are taking a look at SG Josh Dix from CB Lincoln (recent offers from Wake Forest, Purdue and Iowa)

It's SOOO NICE that we have 2 studs already in-place to anchor this class. Otz and staff can really go all-in on Karaban and others until they know transfer spots open or guys elect to not use their COVID year. But we likely don't know that for awhile

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Just give me Karaban.

Karaban is the staff's #1. I don't think anyone would disagree... Having a more athletic Niang comp gives me chills!

CF scholarship chart lists 1 opening for 2022-23 (Hopefully filled by by Karaban). I bet there will be at least 1 more open spot due to someone transferring who gets left out of the rotation.

If Conditt doesn't return for his COVID super-senior year.. We'll need to go get a big. If he returns, we can go big game hunting (outside of PG)

Reactions: Statefan10

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
ISU is still be mentioned as recruiting the Thompson Twins. (though as with most 2022 recruits that could be the previous staff offer. We'll just have to see when TJ hits the trail)

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
ISU is still be mentioned as recruiting the Thompson Twins. (though as with most 2022 recruits that could be the previous staff offer. We'll just have to see when TJ hits the trail)

Florida kiss too. Last staff tried to hit the south whereas this staff hasn't. Wouldn't be surprised if thats a prohm holdover.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Just give me Karaban.
Karaban is the staff's #1. I don't think anyone would disagree... Having a more athletic Niang comp gives me chills!

CF scholarship chart lists 1 opening for 2022-23 (Hopefully filled by by Karaban). I bet there will be at least 1 more open spot due to someone transferring who gets left out of the rotation.

If Conditt doesn't return for his COVID super-senior year.. We'll need to go get a big. If he returns, we can go big game hunting (outside of PG)
Black, Karaban, Thompson twins...going to be a lot of competition for these players. Karaban would be great, and yes he could be our next Georges-type player. I hope Georges is working on him!

I wonder if Alex does have any interest in ISU, if he'd commit before even seeing ISU play any games under the new coach? That might be a pretty big leap of faith. He has stated that he'd like to commit before his senior season.

Find out soon enough I guess.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cyclonepride

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Black, Karaban, Thompson twins...going to be a lot of competition for these players. Karaban would be a great, and yes he could be our next Georges-type player. I hope Georges is working on him!

I wonder if Alex does have any interest in ISU, if he'd commit before even seeing ISU play any games under the new coach? That might be a pretty big leap of faith. He has stated that he'd like to commit before his senior season.

Find out soon enough I guess.

Knowing that Hunter and Foster are on the team, and Lipsey and King are committed for next year, should help our case even if he does.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron