****Official Class of 2021 Recruiting Thread****

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
Florida was pushing hard last I heard
A dude who seems to be pretty close to the Marquette program, and hangs out on the ISU 247 board says he believes it's gonna be Iowa State or Florida.

CyPunch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
A dude who seems to be pretty close to the Marquette program, and hangs out on the ISU 247 board says he believes it's gonna be Iowa State or Florida.

I can’t find anything on Tyrese Hunter but calling that Marquette fan close to the program would be a stretch. I will say his rationale on why it wouldn’t be Marquette seems sound. Marquette is expecting a commitment from this guy later this week..

https://247sports.com/Player/Stevie-Mitchell-46093889/

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
May 6, 2020
Looks like the Marquette guy was on to something after all. He's dropped some gems on transfers in the past

I can’t find anything on Tyrese Hunter but calling that Marquette fan close to the program would be a stretch. I will say his rationale on why it wouldn’t be Marquette seems sound. Marquette is expecting a commitment from this guy later this week..

https://247sports.com/Player/Stevie-Mitchell-46093889/

CyPunch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
2021 rankings are BS at this point and will be until the AAU circuit and camps re-open.

Given Prohm's recent recruiting track record outside of Foster, it is questionable he will sign any 2021 HS prospects better than Sandfort.

Prohm starts 1 for 1 with a significantly better get than Waukee's second finest

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Update with David Joplin talking about his recent offers... Wisconsin* PF

Iowa State: “I like Iowa State a lot. We’ve had zooms and they’ve showed me their film. I always watched
Tyrese Haliburton, I was good friends with him so I watched a lot of his games. The way they moved the ball around with him and how they set up the defense was good. I think Tyrese Hunter will do a good job with them and I think I would be a good fit with them as well.”
“I would say I’m like three to four weeks from a decision," said Joplin. "I felt like it would be smart to take a little more time because you never know who will add more interest. But, you also know that the people you have you have really strong interest in so I’m trying to be super smart about it and be professional."

CyPunch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
Update with David Joplin talking about his recent offers... Wisconsin* PF

Iowa State: “I like Iowa State a lot. We’ve had zooms and they’ve showed me their film. I always watched
Tyrese Haliburton, I was good friends with him so I watched a lot of his games. The way they moved the ball around with him and how they set up the defense was good. I think Tyrese Hunter will do a good job with them and I think I would be a good fit with them as well.”
“I would say I’m like three to four weeks from a decision," said Joplin. "I felt like it would be smart to take a little more time because you never know who will add more interest. But, you also know that the people you have you have really strong interest in so I’m trying to be super smart about it and be professional."

Hopefully the Tyrese Hunter relationship/momentum helps us here. The recent buzz is he's a Texas lean. Neil Berry doing a lot of the recruiting groundwork for Shaka.

Also noteworthy that David Joplin plays AAU with Tamin for D1 Minnesota.

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
2021 rankings are BS at this point and will be until the AAU circuit and camps re-open.

Given Prohm's recent recruiting track record outside of Foster, it is questionable he will sign any 2021 HS prospects better than Sandfort. The 2019 HS class was definitely a disaster. Sandfort is a great shooter with enough athleticism and smarts to be a B12 starter or rotation player. If Prohm thinks he isn't a good enough prospect for ISU, he's wrong. But I am guessing that Sandfort has no interest in ISU as long as Prohm is HC so ISU didn't bother with an offer.

T.DeVries is a better prospect than Sandfort is but his whole recruiting process and rank is impacted by the fact that he is a lock to end up at Drake or Creighton as long as Dad remains Drake's HC.
You were saying?

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Hopefully the Tyrese Hunter relationship/momentum helps us here. The recent buzz is he's a Texas lean. Neil Berry doing a lot of the recruiting groundwork for Shaka.

Also noteworthy that David Joplin plays AAU with Tamin for D1 Minnesota.

Yeah, hopefully the Hunter commit helps and it sounds like he knows Haliburton as well. Get this kid locked up!

CyPunch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA

4. IOWA STATE
Iowa State has been one of the sneakier suitors for some of the better talent from the Sunshine State in recent years. The Cyclones have much more ground to make up but after landing
Dudley Blackwelland
Blake Hinson, both Florida natives, Coleman may feel more comfortable heading to Ames.
Jalen Coleman-Landswill open a shot-making role that must be replaced after the season, one that SteveProhm would love to fill with Coleman. The ISU head coach has upped his attention toward Coleman in recent weeks with the hopes of luring another Floridian to the Midwest.

JVAR

Mar 27, 2006
Eagle Grove, IA

4. IOWA STATE
Iowa State has been one of the sneakier suitors for some of the better talent from the Sunshine State in recent years. The Cyclones have much more ground to make up but after landing
Dudley Blackwelland
Blake Hinson, both Florida natives, Coleman may feel more comfortable heading to Ames.
Jalen Coleman-Landswill open a shot-making role that must be replaced after the season, one that SteveProhm would love to fill with Coleman. The ISU head coach has upped his attention toward Coleman in recent weeks with the hopes of luring another Floridian to the Midwest.

This would be awesome to land him as I didn’t think we were actual contenders. What is the other connection we have with him? I remember reading it here but I cannot recall.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
This would be awesome to land him as I didn’t think we were actual contenders. What is the other connection we have with him? I remember reading it here but I cannot recall.

His dad coached Cam Payne in Memphis and knows and is fond of of Prohm. ISU has been in contact with Deebo for a long time now while ISU isn't the favorite I fully think they are in contention.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron