****Official Class of 2021 Recruiting Thread****

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
If that is the case I would agree. I have no idea if what was posted was paywall info.
Rivals and Register recruiting content is typically available for subscribers only. They may permit a small number of free clicks or an infrequent free article at times. Linking their content via Twitter or other means is fine but cutting and pasting any content from both sites should be banned for their benefit and the benefit of paying subscribers of both providers.

CyPunch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
Rivals and Register recruiting content is typically available for subscribers only. They may permit a small number of free clicks or an infrequent free article at times. Linking their content via Twitter or other means is fine but cutting and pasting any content from both sites should be banned for their benefit and the benefit of paying subscribers of both providers.

He’s mad Prohm got Hunter and didn’t offer anyone with a diploma from Waukee

Last edited:

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines

You should start your own website where you can ban anyone you want for your baseless accusations instead of whining on this one.

• Agree
Reactions: Cytown12 and Messi

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Iowa State: “They have been recruiting me since I was a freshman. Coach [William] Small has been recruiting really hard. I’ve been watching their coaching staff’s teams play since they were at Murray State and they always do a good job with their guards and they are always a winning program.”

Well...about that...

But, I'm glad we're in on this kid; heck, sounds like he's already drinking the Cyclone Kool-Aid.

Reactions: ZZZ
Jun 16, 2020
www.isucyclonesports.com
G/F Johnathan Lawson has placed ISU in an unofficial Top 5
-Tamar Bates has also expressed interest in the Cyclones

Reactions: baagoe and Acylum

CycloneFan97

Jun 19, 2017

Tyrese was one of the top performers of Session 1 here's what the event organizers had to say about him:

The recent Iowa State commit is an incredible playmaking guard on the court. Hunter is nearly impossible to stop off the dribble with all of his abilities. He is exceptionally quick with great shifty moves with the basketball to just blow by defenders. Gets to the rim so quickly and the explosive athlete finishes right over big men above the rim.

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
Obviously Sallis is a take. But at this point I want Jordan Nesbitt over him. Nesbitt looks like a different kind of player. I think he will be a high 4 Star or a 5 Star before the cycle is over.

Last edited:
Reactions: heitclone

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
No need to cut and paste even if from an outside “free” link. Doing so reduces clicks on the link which is taking money away from the content provider. I am sure CW or Jeremy can fill you in on the details.
Wouldn’t that hurt this board though? I go on here to find quick and easy access to news relating to the Cyclones. No offense but I don’t go on here to read everyone’s opinions lol. If there were no links posted it would be fairly pointless to go on here outside of CW, Stansbury posting information. I would think posting those links would bring traffic to the site and in theory that would help CycloneFanatic.

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
Wouldn’t that hurt this board though? I go on here to find quick and easy access to news relating to the Cyclones. No offense but I don’t go on here to read everyone’s opinions lol. If there were no links posted it would be fairly pointless to go on here outside of CW, Stansbury posting information. I would think posting those links would bring traffic to the site and in theory that would help CycloneFanatic.
I agree, posting relevant ISU recruiting links is great. Cutting and pasting ISU related excerpts from those links to where CF users don’t have to click on them shouldn't be permitted.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Obviously Sallis is a take. But at this point I want Jordan Nesbitt over him. Nesbitt looks like a different kind of player. I think he will be a high 4 Star or a 5 Star before the cycle is over.

I saw Sallis 6 times last year, I know HS ball is different but IMO he's still got a ways to go. He's an elite athlete but really inconsistent shooting and lacks the ability to create for others. I can't see him ever playing PG at the p6 level. The state title game, their starting PG (Old Dominion recruit Jadin Johnson) fouled out early in the 4th. Sallis went to PG, they started to run everything through him and blew a double digit lead, including 6 missed FT's by him` down the stretch. Granted, he was playing against Wisconsin recruit Chucky Hepburn but he looked lost, he did almost nothing to get the other two high major recruits he plays with involved and didn't look comfortable being the alpha. I could get how he may look better in summer ball playing with other studs, not having the pressure on him to create everything.

His upside is huge and I would take him on that alone (esp with Hunter in the bag at PG) but I won't fret if we miss out, he's still pretty raw. I feel like if he ends up at KU, UK or UNC, he'll eventually transfer and finish closer to home (or GL route). Don't get me wrong, he's going to be really good, I just don't see those programs wanting to wait the 2 or 3 years it'll take for him to develop in to his ranking.

• Disagree
Reactions: Javinegli

Cyclonefanwill3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 18, 2011
Nesbitt is a pretty heavy St Louis lean

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Joplin has popped for Shaka
“Class of 2021 power forward David Joplin has committed to Texas via his twitter.
He chose the Longhorns over Georgetown, Iowa State, Minnesota, Vanderbilt, and Butler, among others.“

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006