****Official Class of 2021 Recruiting Thread****

CycloneFan97

Jun 19, 2017
We offered Deebo all the way back in June of 2018 so we've been building that relationship for a very long time

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
So from here adding Sallis or Coleman as a wing Joplin as a 4 then a big would give us a fantastic 8 out of these 2 classes. Are there other realistic options at the 4 and 5 we're in on.

And yes I know we currently only have 2 more open schollies.

HTOWN Cyclone

May 27, 2018
Hunter needs to start a 3 way text with Sallis and Joplin ASAP
I think when Breece Hall reached out to Brock it helped convince him to come to Isu

They could talk themselves into being a final 4 team playing together

• Optimistic
Reactions: Javinegli

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
Sallis and Coleman. Obviously we'd take them both and figure it out later but was wondering who you consider 1 and 1A and which would be our best chance of landing?
Coleman. I also think Coleman would be a take 1st. He is projected to last a little longer in College. Is a grown ass man listed 6'6 and anywhere between 195 and 215 Pounds. He is also thought as being one of the top shooters in the 2021 Class.

Reactions: Cytown12

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Sallis and Coleman. Obviously we'd take them both and figure it out later but was wondering who you consider 1 and 1A and which would be our best chance of landing?

Not sure I really has a preference on the two as you metioned both are great prospect as shown by their offers... I'd guess Sallis would be slightly more likely to come to Ames just due to being from Omaha.
Both have been recruited for a long time and have stated they have good relationships with the staff.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Applewhite update with ISU quotes.
The Memphis native, who will be at Compass Prep in Arizona this year, says Iowa State, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, St. John’s and Xavier are the schools coming at him the hardest right now. He’s already been on campus at Mississippi State and Ole Miss back before the extended dead period started.

Iowa State: “They have been recruiting me since I was a freshman. Coach [William] Small has been recruiting really hard. I’ve been watching their coaching staff’s teams play since they were at Murray State and they always do a good job with their guards and they are always a winning program.”

Reactions: Statefan10

Cydar

Apr 2, 2006
From Matthew Bain's Recruiting Mailbag:

Love to hear more about Cyclones' newest Wisconsin phenom named Tyrese! — @ted_rood

Iowa State basketball got a great start to its 2021 class by landing four-star Milwaukee point guard Tyrese Hunter back on Aug. 4. The 6-1 prospect is a consensus four-star talent. 247Sports ranks him No. 113 in the 2021 class, and Rivals has him at No. 90.

He's known as a lightning-quick playmaker whose ceiling will only rise as his shot-making ability continues to match his athleticism.

It's not always easy to get college coaches to agree on something. But, to a man, every college coach I talked with after Hunter picked the Cyclones had great things to say.

Here's a sampling:

High-major assistant coach: "Productive, energetic, playmaking guard. Scores and creates."

High-major assistant coach: "Playmaker."

High-major assistant coach: "Winner! Tough as nails."

High-major assistant coach: "He is a worker, plays with an edge to him. Very good athlete, explosive in transition and has the ability to play-make and score. Can play the 1 and 2. He’s highly competitive."

Mid-major assistant coach: "Really good. I love him. ... Athletic as hell. Plays hard and really mature kid. Has an extra gear to him. Just needs to keep refining his shot consistency."

Mid-major assistant coach: "Crafty and high basketball IQ."

Recruiting mailbag: Which schools and sports will the recruiting dead period hurt most?

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Mods need to crack down on you and Jansma cutting and pasting pay wall info on this free board.

FYI I only paste and post free links I find to ease your concerns. I just grab the relevant ISU content to make it easier for the Fanatics to quick read.

Pretty sure Cydar’s Register link is free too or at least it opened for me.

aobie

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2013
Seattle, WA
FYI I only paste and post free links I find to ease your concerns. I just grab the relevant ISU content to make it easier for the Fanatics to quick read.

Pretty sure Cydar’s Register link is free too or at least it opened for me.

I can confirm that I do not have an account with either the register or Rivals (was not logged in) and was able to get to both full articles without a problem. And I, for one, appreciate seeing the relevant snippets specific to ISU or the recruits being discussed in this thread.